电影《美丽心灵》第30期:我仍有幻觉
日期:2012-11-18 21:29

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

I would have thought the nominations
我本以为 诺贝尔奖的提名者
for the Nobel prize would have been secret.
是秘密的 不会事先公开的
I would have thought you'd only find out if you won or lost.
只有在宣布的那一刻才知道
That is generally the case, yes.
一般来说是这样的
But these are special circumstances.
但是这次情况特殊
The awards are substantial.
这个奖很重要
They require private funding.
而且牵涉到奖金
As such,
因此...
the image of the Nobel is...
诺贝尔奖得主的形象...
I see. You came here to find out if I was crazy?
喔 原来你是来看我有没有疯
Find out if I would
看我会不会
screw everything up if I actually won?
真的得了奖后 把一切都搞杂?
Dance around the podium,
在主席台上跳舞
strip naked and squawk like a chicken, things of this nature?
还是学鸡叫之类的事
Something like that, yes.
差不多啦
Would I embarrass you?
我会不会让你困窘?
Yes, it is possible.
老实说是有可能
You see, I...
你是知道的 我...
I am crazy.
我是个疯子
I take the newer medications,
虽然我在服新药
but I still see things that are not here.
但仍旧有幻觉
I just choose not to acknowledge them.
我仅仅选择去忽略他们
Like a diet of the mind,
就像节食的人
I choose not to indulge certain appetites.
不放纵自己的食欲一样
Like my appetite for patterns.
比如说我症状的食欲
Perhaps my appetite to imagine and to dream.
还有我虚构和想像的食欲

重点解释

妙语佳句:

Find out if I would screw everything up if I actually won?看我会不会的得了奖后把一切都搞杂?

find out:找出

We shall find out the truth early or late.

我们迟早会查明事实真相。

Go and find out the truth to report back quickly.

立刻查明事实真相回来汇报。

screw up:弄糟, 搞砸

No one sets out to screw up their life!

谁都不会成心破坏自己的生活。

She had screwed up and had to do it all over again.

她把事情搞坏了,得重新做过。

I take the newer medications,我在服新药。

take medication:服药

He is currently taking medication for his heart.

(他近来在服用心脏药物)。

Do not drink alcohol while taking medication.

不要在接受治疗期间饮酒。

考考你:

看我会不会的得了奖后把一切都搞杂?

只有在宣布的那一刻才知道。

上期答案:

Most commercially available brands of tea are not suitable to my palate.
I have not been in this room for some many years.
your equilibrium has become a cornerstone of modern economics.

分享到
重点单词
  • suitableadj. 合适的,适宜的 adv. 合适地,恰当地
  • screwn. 螺钉,螺丝,螺旋,螺旋桨,螺状物 v. 拧,拧紧
  • indulgevt. 纵情于,放任,迁就 vi. 放纵自己于 ...
  • appetiten. 嗜好,食欲,欲望
  • podiumn. 讲台,矮墙,腰墙,突出的座席 n. [生]管足
  • alcoholn. 酒精,乙醇,酒
  • acknowledgevt. 承认,公认,告知收到,表示感谢,注意到
  • availableadj. 可用的,可得到的,有用的,有效的
  • palaten. 上颚,味觉,趣味
  • stripn. 长条,条状,脱衣舞 v. 脱衣,剥夺,剥去