电影《美丽心灵》第3期:半颗心
日期:2012-10-21 19:42

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

So what's your story?
告诉我你的故事
You the poor kid that never got to go to Exeter or Andover?
一个从没出过家门的穷小孩
Despite my privileged upbringing,
虽然我从小接受高等教育
I'm actually quite well-balanced.
但身心却很平衡
I have a chip on both shoulders.
我的弱点是人际关系
Maybe you're just better
人与事比较起来
with the old integers than you are with people.
你恐怕比较会应付事
My first grade teacher, she told me
我的小学老师说过
that I was born with two helpings of brain,
我有两个脑袋
but only half a helping of heart.
却只有半颗心
Really? Yeah.
真的? 是呀
Wow! She sounds lovely!
哇 她似乎挺可爱的
The truth is that I...
其实...
I don't like people much.
我并不喜欢人们
And they don't much like me.
他们也不喜欢我
But why,
怎么可能?
with all your obvious wit and charm?
你既风趣又有魅力
Seriously, John.
说真的
Mathematics...
讲到数学嘛...
Mathematics is never going to lead you to a higher truth.
它永远不能领导你 找到更高的真理
And you know why?
想知道原因吗?
Because it's boring. It's really boring.
因为它太枯燥无味了
You know half these schoolboys are already published?
你知道半数以上的学生 已经发表了他们的论文
I cannot waste time with these classes...
我不能在课堂上...
and these books.
和书本上再浪费时间
Memorizing the weaker assumptions of lesser mortals!
去记住那些毫无说服力的假设吧!

重点解释

妙语佳句:

Mathematics is never going to lead you to a higher truth.它永远不能领导你,找到更高的真理

lead to:导致, 通向

Mass unemployment may lead to social upheaval.

大批失业会导致社会动乱。

Smoking can lead to lung cancer.

抽烟可能导致肺癌。

I cannot waste time with these classesand these books.我不能在课堂上和书本上再浪费时间...

waste time:浪费时间

I can't waste time on such frivolities.

我不能在这种无聊的事情上浪费时间。

Don't waste time on these lesser matters.

别把时间浪费在那些无关紧要的事情上。

考考你:

它永远不能领导你,找到更高的真理。

我不能在课堂上和书本上再浪费时间...

上期答案:

I imagine you're getting quite used to miscalculation.

I simply assumed you were the waiter.

分享到
重点单词
  • massn. 块,大量,众多 adj. 群众的,大规模的 v.
  • socialadj. 社会的,社交的 n. 社交聚会
  • obviousadj. 明显的,显然的
  • assumedadj. 假装的;假定的
  • unemploymentn. 失业,失业人数
  • boringadj. 令人厌烦的
  • charmn. 魅力,迷人,吸引力,美貌 v. (使)陶醉,(使)
  • miscalculationn. 算错;误算