电影《美丽心灵》第15期:我该求婚吗
日期:2012-11-04 17:25

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Well, I've been reading a lot about you.
我一直很注意你的发展
How are you, John?
近来还好吧?
At first all my work here was trivial,
刚开始我的工作很平凡
but a new assignment came up and...
但现在有了新的进展
I can't really tell you any details.
可惜不能告诉你细节
Top secret? Black bag? Black ops?
像最高机密 黑袋子 黑色行动吗?
omething like that.
差不多啦
And, uh... Yes?
还有... 还有什么?
Well, I... I met a girl.
我遇见了一个女孩
No! A human girl?
是真正的女孩吗?
Homo sapiens. -A biped?
-是活生生的人 -是两足动物吗?
Yup. And contrary to all probabilities,
更叫人不敢相信的是
she finds me attractive on a number of different levels.
她居然很喜欢我
Really?
真的?
God, that's wonderful.
那真是太棒了!
There's no accounting for taste, is there?
每个人的好恶标准都不一样
Should I marry her?
我该向她求婚吗?
Oh, God. Right.
这倒是个难题
I mean,everything's going well.
我现在过得还不错
The job is fine. I have enough money.
工作稳定 也存了点钱
It all seems to add up. But...
似乎已经万事具备 可是...
how do you know for sure?
怎么才能确定呢?
Nothing's ever for sure, John.
天下没有打包票的事
That's the only sure thing I do know.
这点我倒是非常确定

重点解释

妙语佳句:

There's no accounting for taste, is there?每个人的好恶标准都不一样。

account for:是…的原因, 解释

He has been asked to account for his conduct.

他被要求解释他的行为。

He'll have to account for where every cent goes.

他得说明所花掉的每一分钱的用途。

It all seems to add up. 似乎已经万事具备 。

add up:说的通

These figures don't add up right.

这些数加的不对。

I don't think these facts will add up to anything.

这些事实我看不说明任何问题。

but a new assignment came up and...但现在有了新的进展。

come up:长出, 靠近

His new book did not come up to expectation.

他的新作没有达到预期水平。

考考你:

似乎已经万事具备 。

每个人的好恶标准都不一样。

上期答案:

so I shouldn't pay no mind if you're mean to me.

I really do think you should buy yourself a new book.

分享到
重点单词
  • attractiveadj. 有吸引力的,引起注意的
  • assignmentn. 分配,功课,任务,被指定的(课外)作业;(分派的)
  • contraryadj. 相反的,截然不同的 adv. 相反(地) n.
  • expectationn. 期待,期望
  • bipedadj. 有两足的 n. 两足动物
  • trivialadj. 琐碎的,不重要的
  • conductn. 行为,举动,品行 v. 引导,指挥,管理 vt.