电影《美丽心灵》第12期:天生的破码专家
日期:2012-11-01 13:26

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Those are a good idea.
这东西倒挺好用的
This factory is in Berlin.
这家工厂位于柏林.
We seized it at the end of the war.
战后我们把它关闭了
Nazi engineers were attempting
纳粹工程师
to build a portable atomic bomb.
原打算制造轻型原子弹
The Soviets reached this facility before we did,
苏联在我们之前到这里
and we lost the damn thing.
拿去所有的资料
The routing orders at the Pentagon,
五角大楼的路线顺序
they were about this, weren't they?
是不是和这有关?
The Soviets aren't as unified as people believe.
苏联的内部并没有真正的统一
A faction of the Red Army calling itself Novaya Svobga,
赤军集团 称他们自己为"新自由"
"the New Freedom" has control of the bomb
他们已经控制住原子弹
and intends to detonate it on U.S. soil.
而且打算在美国本土上引爆
Their plan is to incur maximum civilian casualties.
他们计划造成 百姓们最大的伤害
Man is capable of as much atrocity
人类是非常
as he has imagination.
残酷的
New Freedom has sleeper agents here in the U.S.
新自由在美国派有间谍
McCarthy is an idiot,
麦卡锡议员是个白痴
but unfortunately that doesn't make him wrong.
但并不等于他的见解是错的
New Freedom communicates to its agents
新自由组织是通过报纸和杂志上的密码
through codes imbedded in newspapers and magazines,
和他们的间谍传递消息
and that's where you come in.
所以我们需要借助你的才能
You see, John,
约翰 你明白的
what distinguishes you
你与别人最大的不同
is that you are,
在于你是一个...
quite simply,
简单的说
the best natural code-breaker I have ever seen.
你是我所见过 最好的天生破码专家

重点解释

妙语佳句:

Nazi engineers were attempting to build a portable atomic bomb.纳粹工程师原打算制造轻型原子弹。

attempt to:企图, 努力

I would be the last to attempt to answer the question.

我是最不可能去尝试回答这个问题。

I made no attempt to make friends with her.

我没有打算要和她做朋友。

"the New Freedom" has control of the bomb and intends to detonate it on U.S. soil.他们已经控制住原子弹而且打算在美国本土上引爆。

intend to:想要, 打算

I hear they intend to marry/intend marrying.

听说他们要结婚了。

I don't intend to listen to this rubbish any longer!

我再也不想听这种无稽之谈了!

考考你:

纳粹工程师原打算制造轻型原子弹。

他们计划造成百姓们最大的伤害。

上期答案:

there are certain endeavors where your lack of personal connection would be considered an advantage

Are you going to to give me a raise?

分享到
重点单词
  • capableadj. 有能力的,足以胜任的,有 ... 倾向的
  • unifiedadj. 统一的;一致标准的 v. 统一;使一致(uni
  • certainadj. 确定的,必然的,特定的 pron. 某几个,某
  • factionn. 内讧,小集团,派系斗争
  • atrocityn. 暴行
  • intendvt. 想要,计划,打算,意指
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • incurvt. 招致,惹起,遭受
  • civilianadj. 平民的 n. 罗马法专家,平民
  • rubbishn. 垃圾,废物,废话 v. 贬损