听电影《结婚大作战》学英语第22期:为了婚礼"不折手段"
日期:2012-07-28 09:58

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

What did you just say?
你说什么?
I said your wedding should be very scared right now.
我说你的婚礼现在应该感到害怕了。  
If I were your wedding, I'd sleep with one eye open.
如果我是你的婚礼,我睡觉都不敢闭上眼睛。  
Why don't you just save your threats for Daniel?
你干嘛不留着你的威胁给丹尼尔听?  
After all, isn't that how you got a proposal out of him?
你不就是这样才让他求的婚?  
That's how I did it.Your wedding can suck it.
我就是这么搞定的,操你的婚礼。  
What did you just say? My wedding can suck it?
你说什么? 操我的婚礼? 
I said your wedding can suck it. Your wedding can s- be
我说操你的婚礼,你的婚礼会。 
I mean, yours can be, um...
我要说,你的会。  
Can-Can be, uh...
会,会是。  
not that...
不是这个。  
Please.
拜托。 
Bye, ladies.Hey, Liv.
再见,女士们。嘿,丽芙。 
Yes.
什么。  
Your wedding will be huge.
你的婚礼会是个巨型的。  
Just like your ass at prom.
就跟毕业舞会时你的屁股似的。  
We're done.
我们玩完了。  
5.00, Saturday,june 6. Done.
6月6号,周六,5点,定好了。  
Done.Good.
好了,很好。  
Now we just have to find you another maid of honor, uh, and fast.
现在我们只要尽快给你重找一个伴娘就行了。  
You'll be spending more time with her than with the groom.
你和她呆在一起的时间会比跟新郎的都长。  
My friends won't take sides.
我的朋友不想偏袒任何一方。  
Who says it has to be a friend?
谁说必须是朋友了?  
Yeah. Maid of honor. Maid of honor.
是的,是伴娘,伴娘。  
Yeah. We were so close in law school.
是啊,我们在法学院的时候那么要好。  
That study group was nuts.
那个兴趣组真是太傻了。  
Oh, sweetie, you are my second cousin's best friend.
噢,甜心,你是我二堂姐最好的朋友。  
Of course you were at the very top of my maid of honor list.
你当然是我伴娘的首选。  
Honestly, Carla. Caitlin?
真的,卡拉,凯特琳?  
Erin, no. I did not sleep with him.
爱瑞琳,不,我没跟他上过床。

妙语佳句
1.sleep with one eye open
不敢睡得太熟,时刻警惕着
Leon: Nothing's the same after you've killed someone. Your life is changed forever. You have to sleep with one eye open for the rest of your life.
莱昂:在你杀了人之后,一切都会不一样了。你的生命会彻底的改变。你的余生都将睁着一只眼睛睡觉。
2.suck
吸吮;吸取;讨厌;差劲
Christ, Henry, that’s one of the reasons why you guys suck as a couple.
我的老天,亨利,你们俩为什么是这么糟糕的一对,这就是原因之一。
3.maid of honor
女傧相;宫女;伴娘
With marriage preparations being hurriedly organized, Tom finds himself ordained the maid of honor, and in a struggle on all levels to outdo the wonderful groom Colin.
在匆忙的婚礼准备当中, 汤姆被安排作为汉纳的伴娘, 并暗中与出色的新郎较劲, 想抢科林的风头。
4.at the top of
在最高地位,在首位;在…的巅峰;在…的顶端
The growth of the profession has seen its status change, and the C-suite is open to those at the top of their game – the chief privacy officers.
随着这个职业的发展,其地位也在发生变化。这个行当中级别最高的人开始跻身“首席XX官”行列,荣升“首席隐私官”。
考考你
翻译:
1.如果我去了你的婚礼,我睡觉都不敢闭上眼睛。    
2.现在我们只要尽快给你重找一个伴娘就行了。    
上期答案:
1.Don't think I didn't notice how totally freaked out you were because I had the nerve to get engaged before you did.
2.You grabbed the first date in June Marion offered.

分享到
重点单词
  • engagedadj. 忙碌的,使用中的,订婚了的
  • privacyn. 隐私,隐居,秘密
  • statusn. 地位,身份,情形,状况
  • groomn. 马夫,新郎,男仆 vt. 刷洗,照看马,打扮,有意
  • organizedv. 组织
  • proposaln. 求婚,提议,建议