听电影《结婚大作战》学英语第18期:16岁开始存钱
日期:2012-07-24 09:27

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

I called Fletch, and she picked up.
我给弗莱其打电话,但她接了。  
He's doin'my taxes tomorrow night.
他明天晚上要帮我报税。  
You can't get all buddy-buddy with him. Not now.
你不能跟他称兄道弟,现在不行。
Anyway, Daniel can do your taxes. He's "financey."
总之,丹尼尔可以帮你报税,他是搞金融的。  
It's a hedge fund, babe. We don't do a lot of tax prep.
我做的是对冲基金,我们不怎么弄税。  
Whatever. You do our taxes.Fletch has been my accountant.?
管那么多,我们的税都是你在弄,弗莱其给我。  
for six years. I'm going.
当了6年会计了,我要去。  
You're being ridiculous. Just have a double wedding.
你太无理取闹了,举行双人婚礼不就行了。  
What are we, 41-year-old twin sisters?
当我们什么人啊,41岁的老双胞胎?  
Babe! Double wedding.
宝贝,双人婚礼。  
A double wedding. I think that's a great idea.
双人婚礼,我觉得这点子很棒。  
It would be a hell of a party.You know, uh, no.
那该多热闹啊,不。  
I've shared everything my whole life with Liv.
这辈子我什么事都跟丽芙分享。  
I'd kinda like my own day just-just once.
我只是希望那天完全属于自己,就一次。  
I know, bug. Is this everything? This is all your gas receipts.
我知道,虫虫,这就是全部了? 煤气收据都在这。 
Threw it all in the shoe box. I don't know.
都是随手往鞋盒里扔的,我也不清楚。  
It's my dream too-To get married at the Plaza.
在广场酒店结婚也是我的梦想。  
I have been saving since I was 16.
我从16岁起就开始存钱了。  
I just need a few more days to. let it go.
我只是需要几天时间,去放弃。  
I'll find a new dream. Liv's reasons are better than mine.
我会找到新的梦想的,丽芙有比我更好的理由。  
It's like American Idol, all right?
这就像《美国偶像》 明白吗?  
Liv is the Simon. Ugh. God.
丽芙就是赛门,啊,天。  
I mean, no offense. But you're the Paula.
无意冒犯,但是你就是珀拉。  
Even when they can't sing, you compliment their outfit.
就算选手唱得很烂,你也会称赞他们的服装。  
It's nice.Well, but everyone listens to Simon.
善解人意,但是人人都听赛门的。  
I wouldn't marry Simon. I'd marry me some Paula.
我不会娶赛门,我会给自己找个珀拉。

妙语佳句
1.hedge fund
避险基金;套保基金;对冲基金
例如:
We do not offer portfolios with the hedge fund label.
我们不提供带有对冲基金标签的投资组合。
2.accountant
会计师;会计人员
例如:
The boss dropped an accountant from the payroll.
老板把一名会计师从在职人员名单中除了名。
3.a hell of
极其恶劣的
make a hell of为……而烦恼
a hell of a使人受不了的
a hell of a mess一塌糊涂
例如:
I wish you the best. All I can do is pray a hell of a lot.
打电话说,朋友,一切由你掌握,给你献上我最衷心的祝福,而我能做的就是为你祈祷。
4.let it go
任它去,放下
例如:
When it is about to withdraw, then we let it go from the pool .
等到它需要撤退的时候,我们再把它从池子里放出去让它走。
5.outfit
机构;用具;全套装备
作"服装(Outfit)"时指两件或以上的服装道具配搭而成的衣服组合,可同时穿上或脱下。
例如:
The costume is your outfit, your painting pants, or your writing slippers, or your funny hat that gives you ideas.
行头就是你的全套装备:你的画画裤子、写作拖鞋、或者能给你灵感的滑稽帽子。
考考你
翻译:
1.我从16岁起就开始存钱了。    
2.就算选手唱得很烂,你也会称赞他们的服装。      
上期答案:
1.Until one of us decides, we shouldn't make any concrete plans.
2.She didn't sound too bendy to me.

分享到
重点单词
  • offensen. 过错,冒犯,触怒,犯规,犯罪,进攻
  • ridiculousadj. 荒谬的,可笑的
  • withdrawvt. 撤回,取回,撤退 vi. 退回,撤退,走开
  • accountantn. 会计人员
  • hedgen. 树篱,篱笆,障碍,防护物,套期保值,推诿 v. 用
  • complimentn. 称赞,恭维,(复数)致意 vt. 称赞,恭维
  • costumen. 服装,剧装 vt. 提供服装,为 ... 设计服装
  • concreteadj. 具体的,实质性的,混凝土的 n. 水泥,混凝土