(单词翻译:单击)
原文欣赏
Great. Emma's wedding's gonna be better than ours was.
太好了,艾玛的婚礼会比我们的好。
Glen.
格伦。
Maybe her marriage will be better too.
也许她的婚姻也会更好。
Not filled with loneliness and sadness.
不会充满了孤独与悲哀。
I hope you can appreciate the positions Amie and I are in.
希望你能考虑到我和艾米的立场。
We're not taking sides.Relax.
我们不想偏袒哪方,放松。
We're not making any plans until we figure this out.
在想出解决办法前,我们不会做任何计划的。
You're so cool about it.Yeah.
你还真是冷静啊,是啊。
How else am I gonna be?
不然我还能怎么样?
I mean-Without taking sides though, I have to say...
不是偏袒谁,但是我必须得说。
Emma's save-the-date e-mail was a smidge tacky.
艾玛的日期通知邮件也简短得有点傻了吧。
I mean, "june 6 at the Plaza," smiley face?
就一句 "6月6号在广场酒店" 外加一个笑脸?
What's next, hearts over her i's?
下次会是什么,桃心眼睛?
Come on, really,What was she thinking??Oh, hey.
她是怎么想的啊?噢,嘿。
I know, right?That was so tacky.
我知道,是吧?太傻了。
It's shocking.Hi. Hi, Heidi.
晴天霹雳,嗨,嗨,海蒂。
Oh, Elizabeth, I love my ring.Oh, my gosh.
噢,伊丽莎白,我爱死我的戒指了,我的天。
Emma?
艾玛?
You sent out your save-the-dates?
你已经发了日期通知帖了?
Yeah, I did, actually.
是啊,我确实发了。
Surprised?
很吃惊吧?
So one of us...
那么我们中的某个人。
is not moving her date?
是不打算改日子了?
妙语佳句
1.take sides
偏袒
例如:
We don't take sides on any competing sovereignty claims, but we do oppose the use of force and actions that hinder freedom of navigation.
美方不偏袒任何主权声明方,但是我们明确反对任何武力和其它的行动以免造成航道不畅。
2.tacky
俗气的;发黏的;缺乏教养或风度的;傻乎乎的
例如文中:
It is a tacky but impressive reminder of how far the village has come since the Mao era.
它是一个俗气的但引人注目,提醒我们从毛泽东时代以来这个村子走了有多远。
3.save-the-dates
日期通知帖(即请帖的意思)
4.move date
修改日期
例如:
Starting with the result above, move the Date field under the Category field.
在上面的结果中,将日期字段移动到分类字段的下面。
5.filled with
装满,充满
例如:
What exactly causes them?When we inhale, our lungs fill with air, which press the diaphragm downward.
究竟什么引起岔气?当我们吸气时,我们的肺会充满空气,空气会把隔膜往下压。
考考你
翻译:
1.希望你能考虑到我和艾米的立场。
2.在想出解决办法前,我们不会做任何计划的。
上期答案:
1.It's, like, there are no other pathways in life besides aggression.
2.Amie and Marissa are throwing us that joint shower.