听电影《结婚大作战》学英语第7期:毕业的感叹
日期:2012-07-10 15:35

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

I mean, they didn't get to see me graduate law school.
他们都没看到我从法学院毕业。
or read Nate's first story in New York magazine.
也没读到内特第一篇发表在纽约杂志的文章。
So I can't share this with them.
这次我也不能与他们分享。
I wish your parents could be here too.
我也希望你的父母能在这。
Whatever. It's fine. I'm fine.
管他的,没关系,我没事。
Liv, you're only human.
丽芙,你是个人。
You don't have to have it together every minute of every day.
你不需要每时每刻都冷静自持。
Former chubby girls-We're made of steel.
曾经的胖姑娘,我们都是钢铁打造的。
And Splenda. We survive.
还有斯普兰达,我们是熬过来的。
Well, first of all, you weren't fat.
首先,你并不胖。
But, yes, you do survive.
但是,是的,你是熬过来的。
Thanks, Em. You're welcome, Liv.
谢谢,艾玛,不客气,丽芙。
You're gonna be the best maid of honor.
你会是最棒的伴娘。
Yes, I am. What do we do first?
是的,我是,我们先做什么?
First,Oh,I was thinking.
首先,我想。
It might be a good idea to actually get the proposal.
让人先把婚求了才对吧。
See? It's that head for details.
看?这就是心思细密的人。
people watching this performance at home.
人们在家里带着无数疑问。
Yeah, right? I know.
是吧?我就知道。
with a huge question mark.
欣赏这次表演。
Hey, babe? I don't think they sent us any fortune cookies.
嘿,宝贝?我想他们没送幸运饼干来。
No, they sent 'em. I got them right here.
他们送了,就在我这呢。
Oh, good.
哦,好的。

妙语佳句
1.graduate
vt. 授予…学位;分等级;标上刻度
vi. 毕业;渐变
例如:
I will graduate from Peking University this July. I have majored in accounting.
今年七月将从北京大学毕业,我主修的专业是会计学。
They graduate from school. They jump between employers, or in and out of employment.
他们从学校毕业出来,在雇主之间跳来换去,或在受聘和失业之间徘徊进出。
2.share with
分与,分配;和…分享
例如:
I have some very sad news to share with all of you.
我有一些十分令人悲痛的消息和你们分享。
And most of all we must share with them our hope for the future, their future.
最重要的是,我们要和孩子们分享对于未来的希望,那是他们的未来。
3.survive
幸存;生还;幸免于;比...活得长
文中表示"艰难的生活(熬)过来"
survive on
靠…活下来;靠…生存
例如:
In that case, we must stay to-gether or none of us will survive.
既然如此,我们必须呆在一起,不然我们谁也别想活。
Man cannot survive except through his mind.
人无法生存,除非通过他的思想。
4.gonna be
将会是怎么怎么样
例如:
This gonna be a great world.
这将是一个伟大的时代。
Now for us, what we wanna know is what power, in this case thermal power, are we gonna be able to create from this configuration of fuel and materials.
现在,对我们来说,我们知道的是什么动力,在这例子中,热能,是我们要能够,从燃料和

材料的配置中创造出来的。
5.head for details
心思细密、考虑周全
考考你:
翻译:
1.他们都没看到我从法学院毕业。
2.你不需要每时每刻都冷静自持。
上期答案:
1.She will surely be the most nightmarish bride ever.
2.but I guess in Liv's world has just proposed.

分享到
重点单词
  • proposaln. 求婚,提议,建议
  • configurationn. 结构,布局,形态,格式塔心理完形 [计算机] 配置
  • survivevt. 比 ... 活得长,幸免于难,艰难度过 vi.
  • performancen. 表演,表现; 履行,实行 n. 性能,本事
  • fortunen. 财产,命运,运气
  • exceptvt. 除,除外 prep. & conj. 除了 ..