听电影《结婚大作战》学英语第11期:意料中的惊喜
日期:2012-07-14 12:41

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Honey!
宝贝!  
Will you just marry me, already?
你能娶我吗?  
Yeah. Okay.
好,可以。  
Isn't that what you want? Cause it's what I want...
这不就是你想要的吗?这是我想要的。  
and I just wanna know if you want to marry me.
如果你想娶我的话我想知道。  
Don't you wanna get married?
你不是想结婚吗? 
Honey, can we talk about this later?
宝贝,我们回头再谈这个好吗? 
Oh, you changed your mind? I saw the Tiffany box in the closet.
你改主意了?我看到了柜子里的蒂凡尼的盒子。  
Right?
对吧? 
Oh, my God.
噢,上帝啊。  
It's not a ring?
那不是戒指?  
If it's a key chain I'm gonna kill myself...
那要是钥匙链的话我就杀了自己。  
and I'm taking you down with me.
还要拖你垫背,你就不能现在在这告诉我吗? 
You know what I will tell you?
你知道我想说什么吗?  
I have never met a more obnoxious...
我这辈子从没碰到过比你更讨厌。  
complicated, overbearing.
更难懂,更自大。  
gorgeous, smart, sexy woman in my life.
更漂亮,更聪明,更性感的女人。  
And...
而且。  
if you had just waited until tonight...
要是你能等到今晚。  
then you wouldn't be the woman I fell in love with...
那你就不是我爱上的那个女人了。  
because she doesn't know how to wait.
因为我爱的人不知道什么叫等待。  
Will you hold that for a second? Yeah.
你能帮我拿一下吗?好的。  
Which is fine, as long as I get to spend the rest of my life...
不过没关系,只要我能与她共度余生。  
trying to catch up with her.
努力跟上她的脚步。

妙语佳句
1.key chain/key holder
钥匙扣;钥匙链
例如:
The others included a key chain and a cigarette lighter.
另外两种分别是钥匙链和打火机。
We want to buy Desk Set, Brass Key Holders, Clock Key Holder, Money Clip, Stationery.
我们要采购书桌组,镀以黄铜主要烛台, 钟表主要烛台,钱修剪, 文具。
2.obnoxious,evil, rank, unpleasant, poisonous
讨厌的;可憎的;不愉快的
例如:
If everyone were gooey and lovey-dovey, it would be an obnoxious world.
如果每个人都那么感伤,情意绵绵,这将是一个讨厌的世界。
Being honest does not mean you go on and on about your obnoxious ex or your passionate one night stand years ago.
诚实并不意味着你要一直唠叨讨厌的前任伴侣或者几年前的那次激情的一夜情。
3.fell in love with
爱上…(fall in love with的过去式)
例如:
He used to drive me around in his London taxi and I fell in love with this extraordinary man.
他过去常常用他的伦敦出租车带着我到处逛,我就慢慢爱上了这个不平凡的人。
Then I fell in love with an Italian.
后来,我与一个意大利人坠入了爱河。
4.catch up with
赶上,追上;逮捕;处罚
例如:
They should take some crash courses to catch up with their classmates.
他们应该参加一些速成课程来赶上他们的同学。
On this view, Houston is in for a couple of tough years as tax revenues catch up with the recovery.
在这种观点下,休斯顿为了在税额上赶上经济复苏的脚步还将经历一些痛苦的岁月。
考考你:
翻译:
1.那要是钥匙链的话我就杀了自己。  
2.我这辈子从没碰到过比你更讨厌、更难懂、更自大、更漂亮,更聪明,更性感的女人。  
上期答案:
1.It's so weird having this on my finger.
2.I just don't know what's taking Daniel so long.

分享到
重点单词
  • unpleasantadj. 使人不愉快的,讨厌的
  • smartadj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的
  • extraordinaryadj. 非凡的,特别的,特派的
  • recoveryn. 恢复,复原,痊愈
  • complicatedadj. 复杂的,难懂的 动词complicate的过去
  • clipn. 夹子,钳,回形针,弹夹 n. 修剪,(羊毛的)剪下
  • fell动词fall的过去式 n. 兽皮 vt. 砍伐,击倒 a
  • passionateadj. 热情的,易怒的,激情的
  • poisonousadj. 有毒的,恶意的
  • overbearingadj. 傲慢的,骄傲自大的,蛮横的