奥巴马每周电视讲话:在感恩节团结在一起(1)
日期:2016-12-23 11:10

(单词翻译:单击)

Hi, everybody. On behalf of the Obama family - Michelle, Malia, Sasha, Grandma, Bo, and Sunny - I want to wish you a very happy Thanksgiving.
大家好。我谨代表奥巴马一家--米歇尔,玛丽亚,萨沙,外祖母,波和桑尼--我祝你们度过一个快乐的感恩节。
Like so many of you, we'll spend the day with friends and family, turkey and touchdowns.
和你们许多人一样,我们也和许多朋友及家人一起度过这一天,有火鸡和聚会。
We'll give thanks for each other, and for all that God has given us.
我们将彼此感恩,感恩上帝赐予我们的所有东西。
And we'll reflect on what truly binds us as Americans.
我们也反思真正把我们作为美国人团结在一起的东西。
That's never been more important.
这从未如此地重要。
As a country, we've just emerged from a noisy, passionate, and sometimes divisive campaign season.
作为一个国家,我们刚刚从喧嚣,热情,有时甚至是分裂的大选季中走过。
After all, elections are often where we emphasize what sets us apart.
毕竟,选举经常会是强调什么把我们分散了。
We face off in a contest of "us" versus "them."
我们面对着对定义"我们"与"他们"的考验。
We focus on the candidate we support instead of some of the ideals we share.
我们关注于我们支持的候选人,而不是我们所共有的理想。
But a few short weeks later, Thanksgiving reminds us that no matter our differences, we are still one people, part of something bigger than ourselves.
但在短短几周之后,感恩节提醒我们,不管我们有多少不同,我们仍是一国民众,是比我们自己本身更伟大事业的一部分。
We are communities that move forward together.
我们是一起才能前进的社会。
We are neighbors who look out for one another, especially those among us with the least.
我们是互相照料的邻居,特别是我们中间的那些少数族裔。

分享到