奥巴马每周电视讲话:在经济进展的基础上继续努力(2)
日期:2016-12-20 10:05

(单词翻译:单击)

And when Republicans in Congress didn't act,
在国会的共和党人没有采取行动时,
we used our executive authority to - Extend overtime coverage for over 4 million workers - boosting their wages by $12 billion over the next decade.
我们使用我们的行政授权--让400多万员工获得了加班工资--在下一个10年里他们的工资将增加$120亿。
We've given additional paid sick leave to more than 1.1 million workers employed by federal contractors
我们也让受雇于联邦承包商的110多万员工获得了额外的带薪病假
and we're requiring that those workers earn at least $10.10 per hour.
我们正要求这些员工的最低小时工资标准是$10。10。
Help to close the pay gap by fighting back against pay discrimination;
通过反对支付歧视,来致力于填补支付空白;
making salaries more transparent - so employees know what others are making doing the same job.
让工资更加透明--因此雇员们知道同样的工作其他人能挣到多少。
We've closed the pay gap between men and women by 10 percent.
我们已经填补了男女员工间10%的薪水差异。
Not nearly enough - but it's a start.
不是已经足够了,而仅仅是刚刚开始。
And we also called on cities and states to act across the country,
我们也呼吁全国各城市,各州来行动,
and mayors and governors are leading the way to raise the minimum wage.
市长们,州长们在提高最低工资标准上在起到引领作用。
Since the President's call to action to increase the nation's minimum wage back in 2013,
自2013年总统呼吁提高最低工资标准开始,
every state from my state of Delaware and 18 others - and 55 cities - have raised their own minimum wage.
每一个州,从我的特拉华州和18个其他的州--以及55个城市--已经提高了他们的最低工资标准。
From Alaska to California, Nebraska to Florida - workers now have a shot at a paycheck they can actually live on and cut out of poverty.
从阿拉斯加到加利福尼亚,从内布拉斯加到佛罗里达--员工们现在都有可以依赖其进行生活的薪资水平,并摆脱贫困。

分享到