奥巴马每周电视讲话:总统呼吁国会共和党人该履行职责了(2)
日期:2016-09-30 08:42

(单词翻译:单击)

And passing a budget that will make sure all of America's priorities are funded without resorting to shutdown threats and last-minute gimmicks.
投票通过预算确保所有美国的优先事项投资到位无停摆威胁临近最后一刻的尴尬。
And none of this list even includes some other big priority that should get done.
列表中还没有包括其他一些应该完成的高优先级的事项。
It's been almost a decade, for example, since Congress voted to raise the minimum wage.
例如自国会投票提高最低工资标准已经近10 年了。
None of this should be controversial. All of it is within our reach.
没有一件事情应该是有争议的。所有这些都属于我们的工作范围。
This is America – we can do anything. We just need a Congress that works as hard as you do.
这是美国,我们可以做任何事情。我们仅仅需要国会像你们一样努力工作即可。
At the very least, we should expect that they do their jobs – and protect us from disease, help us recover from disaster,
至少我们应该期待他们做该做的工作,保护我们防控疾病,帮助我们灾后重建家园,
keep the Supreme Court above politics, and help our businesses grow and hire.
保持最高法院远离政治游戏,帮助我们的企业成长并提供就业机会。
So if any of these priorities matter to you, let your Congressperson know.
如果这些优先事项与你有关,就告诉你们选区的国会议员。
And if they still refuse to do their jobs – well, you know what to do in November.
如果他们仍然拒绝做他们的工作,那么十一月该做什么事,你懂的。
Our government only works as well as the people we elect. And that's entirely up to you.
我们的政府只会如我们的选民期待的那样去工作。这完全取决于你们。
Thanks everybody, and have a great weekend.
谢谢大家,周末愉快。

分享到
重点单词
  • budgetn. 预算 vt. 编预算,为 ... 做预算 vi.
  • priorityn. 优先权,优先顺序,优先
  • refusev. 拒绝 n. 垃圾,废物 adj. 无用的
  • protectvt. 保护,投保
  • decaden. 十年
  • disastern. 灾难
  • supremeadj. 最高的,至上的,极度的
  • controversialadj. 引起争论的,有争议的