美国总统奥巴马告别演讲(23)
日期:2017-02-04 15:27

(单词翻译:单击)

My fellow Americans, it has been the honor of my life to serve you. I won't stop.
我的同胞们,能够为你们服务是我的荣幸。我会一直为你们服务。
In fact, I will be right there with you, as a citizen, for all my remaining days.
事实上,在我以后的人生中,我会以一位普通公民的身份一直和你们在一起。
But for now, whether you are young or whether you're young at heart,
而现在,无论你年轻与否,
I do have one final ask of you as your President, the same thing I asked when you took a chance on me eight years ago.
作为你们的总统我还有一个请求,八年前你们刚把我选上来时我提出过同样的请求。
I'm asking you to believe.
我请求你们继续保持信念。
Not in my ability to bring about change, but in yours.
不是相信我可以带来改变,而是相信你们自己的力量。
奥巴马

I am asking you to hold fast to that faith written into our founding documents;
我请求你们依然坚信在建国时我们写下的信念,
that idea whispered by slaves and abolitionists;
那个奴隶和废奴主义者低语过的信念,
that spirit sung by immigrants and homesteaders and those who marched for justice;
那个被移民和追求正义的人们吟诵过的信念;
that creed reaffirmed by those who planted flags from foreign battlefields to the surface of the moon;
我们胜利的星条旗,从国外的战场一路飘扬到月球表面,更加强化了这一信念;
a creed at the core of every American whose story is not yet written: Yes, we can.
它也将会是每一个还未开始书写自己故事的美国人的精神内核。
Yes, we did. Yes, we can.
是的,我们做到了。是的,我们可以做到。
Thank you. God bless you. May God continue to bless the United States of America. Thank you.
谢谢你们。上帝保佑你们,上帝继续保佑美利坚。谢谢你们。

分享到