奥巴马每周电视讲话:在感恩节团结在一起(3)
日期:2016-12-25 11:13

(单词翻译:单击)

That in America, we are bound not by any one race or religion, but rather an adherence to a common belief - that all of us are created equal.
在美国,我们团结在一起,不是依靠任何的一个种族或者宗教,而是对共同信念的遵守--我们所有人生而平等。
That we may think, worship, and speak, and love as we please.
我们可以自由地思考,去崇拜,去表达,去爱。
That the gift of democracy is ours, and ours alone, to nurture and protect.
民主的礼物是我们的,唯一只属于我们,去养育它,保护它。
Never doubt, that is what makes us American
毫无疑问,正是这样让我们成为美国人
not where we come from, what we look like, or what faith we practice, but the ideals to which we pledge our allegiance.
不是我们来自哪里,我们长什么样,我们践行怎样的信仰,而是我们承诺忠诚的理想。
It's about our capacity to live up to the creed as old as our founding: "E Pluribus Unum" - that out of many, we are one.
这事关我们实践古老到"合众为一"信条的能力。这就是"我们各个不同,实则一心"。
And as long as we continue to welcome the contributions of all people,
只要我们继续欢迎所有人来做出贡献,
as long as we stand up for each other, speak out for what is right, and stay true to these ideals
只要我们互相支持,说出正确的事情,坚守这些正确的理想
not just when it's easy,but when it's hard - then no one can ever take away our liberty.
不仅仅是当很容易的时候,而且是困难的时候--那么没有人能带走我们的自由。
Our best days will always be ahead.
我们最好的日子将永远在前方。
And we will keep building a future where all of our children know the promise of America.
我们将继续建设未来,让我们所有的孩子都知道美国的承诺。
Happy Thanksgiving, everybody.
祝大家感恩节快乐。

分享到