美剧《摩登家庭》第1季第12集精讲 第7期:事实胜于雄辩
日期:2015-05-14 22:02

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

How do you make sure you've deleted something after you read it?
你如何确保看过某东西之后 删除浏览痕迹
Sorry, Jay. It was an accident.
抱歉 杰 纯属意外
You know, I'm beginning to think you don't like Barkley that much.
我现在觉得你不怎么喜欢巴克利
I mean, first you hide him in the guest room, and now this.
你先是把他藏在客房 现在又来这么一出
It's ridiculous. I didn't mean to hurt it.
太荒谬了 我根本不是有意伤害它的
First of all, let's cut the "It"s. He is a he.
首先 请别再用"它"了 是"他"
And you can pretend to be innocent all you want,
你可以继续堂而皇之地装无辜
but action speaks louder than words.
但事实胜于雄辩
Yeah. They can be very revealing.
是啊 事实可以反映很多事
What are you trying to say?
你想说什么
Nothing. But you have to admit
没什么 但你必须承认
that the dog butler is a little ridiculous.
狗头管家有点可笑
You know what else I think is ridiculous?
你知道我觉得什么很可笑吗
That mountain of pillows you have on our bed.
你在我们床上堆起来的枕头山
I feel like I'm working on a loading dock
我觉得我就像个码头工人
just trying to get under the covers.
辛辛苦苦就为了能钻进被子底下
They're pretty. - They're a damn nuisance.
那很漂亮 -那很令人讨厌
Okay, forgive me for trying to make our home beautiful.
好吧 原谅我想要让我们家显得漂亮
You know, if I can put up with those,
如果我可以忍受那些枕头
you can put up with a piece of art.
你也该忍受一件艺术作品
This is not art. This is an unholy mix between man and beast.
这才不是艺术 只是人与兽的邪恶组合
But, fine, if you love it so much, put it wherever you want.
行 如果你那么爱它 随你放哪儿吧
Thank you. Where you going? To get some more pillows?
谢谢 你要去哪儿 去买更多的枕头吗
No, don't worry. It'll be a long
不 别担心 很长时间内
time before I bother you again with my pillows.
我的枕头都不会去烦你了

重点解释

How do you make sure you've deleted something after you read it?你如何确保看过某东西之后删除浏览痕迹

make sure弄明白; 设法确保

Make sure you read all the small print before signing.

一定要先看清小号字体印刷部分再签字。

I think the door's locked, but I'd better go and make sure (it is).

我想门已经锁了,但我最好还是去查看一下。

I didn't mean to hurt it.我根本不是有意伤害它的

mean to打算; 意指; 故意

I didn't mean to offend you.

我不是故意冒犯你。

Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you.

对不起,我不是故意吓唬你的。

You know, if I can put up with those,如果我可以忍受那些枕头

put up with忍受; 容忍

I'm not going to put up with this!

我再也受不了啦!

I can't put up with you any longer.

我不能再忍耐了。

分享到