听电影《缘分天注定》学英语第43期:临阵退缩
日期:2013-04-24 13:11

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

- Halley, what is it? What’s wrong? - It’s you.
什么事? 你
- What do you mean, it’s me? What did I do? - Nothing, exactly.
我?我做过什么?
It’s just this feeling I have, like--
没做过什么,只觉得…
like you’ve been somewhere else for the past few days.
这几天来你心神彷彿
- That’s not true. - Don’t lie to me, Jonathan.
不是啊 不要骗我
I’ve dreamed about this my entire life, and-and...
我一生人梦寐以求的就是现在
I’ve imagined the dress and the flowers...
什么都称意:婚纱、鲜花…
and even the music the band was gonna play.
甚至婚礼的乐曲
And everything is exactly the way I want it, except for my fiance,
除了我未婚夫那颗心…
Look, maybe I’ve been a little bit out of it the past week,
或者我最近心事重重
who’s just decided to float off to Never-Never Land.
去了遥远的地方
but it’s just normal, you know, guy stuff.
男人都是这样,临阵退缩
- It’s a little cold feet. Doesn’t mean I don’t love you. - Well, call me crazy,
我希望未婚夫勇往直前
but I’d like my fiancs feet to be warm,
但是幻想我的脚感到温暖。
especially when we’re hours from going down the aisle.
尤其是不够一日就要举行婚礼
I’m sorry, Hal. Really, I am.
对不起,十分对不起
Whatever it is that you’re holding on to,
无论你有什么放不开…
please just let it go.
设法放开吧,求求你
Please.
求求你
I think it already let go of me, okay?
已经不由我放不开
Wait.
等一等
- What’s this? - What do you think?
什么东西?
It’s the traditional groom’s gift.
还用问?传统的新郞礼物嘛
- I got yours, and I forgot to bring it. - I know. It’s okay.
我忘记带你的来 不要紧
Open it.
拆开吧
It’s a first edition.
是初版
It’s just that every time we go into a bookstore, you’re always flipping through it.
你每次进书局,总是翻看
And I checked this week. You don’t even have a copy.
你自己连一本都没有

妙语佳句

重点单词:
1、exactly
adv. 恰好地;正是;精确地;正确地
This medicine must be measured out exactly.

这种药必须准确按量配出。


2、entire
adj. 全部的,整个的;全体的
She has alienated her entire family.

她与她的全部家人疏远了。


3、fiance
n. 未婚夫
This is my fiance.

这是我未婚夫

4、especially
adv. 特别;尤其;格外
I like to swim, especially in the sea.

我喜欢游泳,尤其喜欢在大海中游泳。

重点短语:
1、dream about
梦想;梦到
Anything you want and anything you dream about can be yours, if you want it.

只要你想,任何东西,梦想中的东西都会属于你的。


2、flip through
浏览
草草翻阅
The program let me flip through artists, albums and playlists with simple finger swipes.

这个程序让我动动手指就能浏览艺术家、专辑和播放列表。

考考你:
1、我梦想永远和你在一起。
2、你的作业是从保尔那里抄袭来的, 因为你俩错得 完全一样。
3、这家公司最后垄断了整个香烟行业。

答案下期公布

分享到
重点单词
  • alienatedadj. 疏远的,被隔开的
  • bandn. 带,箍,波段 n. 队,一群,乐队 v. 绑扎 v
  • flipvt. 掷,弹,轻击 vi. 翻转 n. 空翻,浏览 a
  • groomn. 马夫,新郎,男仆 vt. 刷洗,照看马,打扮,有意
  • exceptvt. 除,除外 prep. & conj. 除了 ..
  • traditionaladj. 传统的
  • aislen. (席位间的)通道,侧廊
  • measuredadj. 量过的,慎重的,基于标准的,有韵律的 动词me