听电影《缘分天注定》学英语第05期:最记挂我的妈妈
日期:2012-11-15 20:11

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


Let's go do something.
一起去逛逛吧。  
All right. What you wanna do?
到哪里去?  
I don't care.
无所谓。  
All right. Come on.
好。  
Now, promise me you're not just visiting here for a week...
希望你不是游客。  
or marrying somebody to get a green card or on parole.
也不是为取得绿卡的过埠新娘。  
None of the above. You?
完全不是,你呢?
So you won't tell me your name.
告诉我吧。
No, no, no. Proud U.S. citizen. No criminal record.
更不是假释中的狱犯,身家清白、一等良民  
Well, tell me, uh, what do you miss most about Mother England?
你最记挂英国的什么?  
I miss my mom terribly.
最记挂我的妈妈。  
If I were her, I'd miss you too.
我做你妈妈,也会记挂你。  
Okay. Favorite movie.
你最喜欢的电影。 
The correct answer is Cool Hand Luke. I've never seen it.
“逃狱金刚” 未看过。  
Oh, come on. You've never seen Cool Hand Luke?
什么?未看过“逃狱金刚”?  
Paul Newman? Oh, my God. Come on!
保罗纽曼?不得了。  
"Failure to communicate." Sadistic cop in sunglasses with no name.
“沟通的不足、冷漠的狱警”。  
Reminds me of you in that way.
有你的影子。  
Um, favorite New York moment.
最喜欢的纽约时刻。  
This one's climbing the charts.
现在差不多了。  
I'm flattered.
很看得起我。  
Is there anything else you need to know about me?
你还想知道我什么?
Huh.Favorite sexual position?
最喜欢的性交姿势。

妙语佳句
1.on parole
获得假释;被假释
Many of those released had served all or most of their sentences, and they remain on parole.
许多被释放的人已经几乎服完了他们全部的刑期而且仍在假释中。
2.criminal
n. 罪犯
adj. 刑事的;犯罪的;罪恶的
The criminal lit out for the countryside after the bank robbery.
这个罪犯在抢劫银行后迅速逃往乡下。
3.Cool Hand Luke
铁窗喋血;逃狱金刚
Cool Hand Luke was a powerhouse prison saga, casting Newman as the rambunctious convict turned Christ-like martyr.
《铁窗喋血》(Cool Hand Luke,1967)是一部监狱传奇,纽曼饰演的角色从一个吵闹的罪犯转变为殉道者。
4.sadistic
adj. 虐待狂的;残酷成性的
It'smuch like a sadistic husband beating his wife, all the while voicing his regretover what her actions are making him do.
这颇有点像一位残酷成性的丈夫一边痛打她的妻子,一边又懊恼说是她的行为让他不得不打她。
5.flatter
vt. 奉承;谄媚;使高兴
More generally, Schumpeter seemed to be playing the role of grand seigneur, and he tended to flatter where flattery was not due, no doubt satirically.
更一般的意义上,熊彼特像在扮演大领主的角色,当不用奉承时,他会奉承,当然是挖苦的。
考考你
翻译
1.Now, promise me you're not just visiting here for a week or marrying somebody to get a green card or on parole.  
2.设想如果妳失去了妳现在所拥有的一切,妳的生活将会怎么样。它肯定会使妳回想起原来妳是多么喜欢和珍视这一切。
上期答案
1.I hope you enjoy the gloves you bought yourself.
2.Maybe we were supposed to meet on British time and we're five hours too early.

分享到
重点单词
  • convictn. 囚犯,罪犯 vt. 宣判 ... 有罪,使 ...
  • communicatev. 交流,传达,沟通
  • criminaladj. 犯罪的,刑事的,违法的 n. 罪犯
  • martyrn. 烈士,殉道者 v. 杀害,折磨
  • rambunctiousadj. 粗暴的,喧闹的,放纵的
  • flatterv. 阿谀奉承,取悦,炫耀 n. 平整工具
  • flatteryn. 谄媚,阿谀,巴结