听电影《缘分天注定》学英语第27期:望着天际发愣
来源:可可英语 日期:2013-01-01

原文欣赏


Uh, okay, take us... anywhere in New York. Excuse me?
载我们去…纽约任何地方,什么?  
Anywhere. Wherever you feel like going.
随便你,
That's not a destination, lady. Wait.
那不是目的地。等一等!
You didn't make reservations?
你没有订房?  
Um, okay, Eve, please don't get mad at me. What?
不要生气,什么?  
Oh, no. I cannot believe this.
离谱。  
I need a borough here, ladies.
小姐,你们想去哪一区?  
I was gonna tell you when we got on the plane.
我本来打算在机上告诉你。  
You know what? That's really sneaky of you, Sara.
鬼祟。
I'm not a bloody psychic.Eve, wait!
我不懂心灵感应啊。等一等!  
Wait!
依芙,等一等!   
Eve. Eve! You tricked me.  
你使诡计。 
I knew you wouldn't come if I told you the truth.
我坦白说,你就不会来。
I needed my best friend with me.
我希望好朋友在身边。  
What are you doing, Sara?
为什么还在找他?  
Honestly, Sara, I don't understand you anymore, okay?
我真的不明白。  
Please, tell me something.
请给我一个原因, 
Tell me anything that makes just a little bit of sense.  
任何原因。 
I've just spent the entire flight...
在机上,我一直…  
staring into the sky, thinking.
望着天际发愣,脑海浮现的…  
Not about my fiance, but about this mystery guy...
不是我的未婚夫,而是那个…  
I met a million and a half hours ago.
一百万零半小时前偶遇的男人。

妙语佳句
1.make reservations
预定;附保留条件
Make reservations well ahead of Valentine's Day to secure the location and time, then enjoy dinner and dancing with your favorite person.
不过一定要记得提前预定好时间和位置哦,接下来,你就可以和你心爱之人一起享受美味,和她翩翩起舞了。
2.borough
n. 区;自治的市镇
Some 14 of the 20 most expensive streets in England and Wales were in the borough of Kensington and Chelsea.
在英格兰和威尔士最贵20个街道中,其中有14个位于肯辛顿和切尔西自治市。
3.sneaky
adj. 鬼鬼祟祟的;暗中的,卑鄙的
But how can I let my three years of hard work be stolen by this sneaky bastard?
但是我怎么能让我三年的努力学习被这个卑鄙的杂种给窃取?
4.stare into
v. 凝视
Think of how a mother lovingly gazes at her baby, just as two lovers stare into each other's eyes.
想一想,一个母亲是如何慈爱地凝视着她的孩子,就像一对恋人凝视着对方的眼睛。
考考你
翻译
1.我本来打算在机上告诉你。   
2.在机上,我一直望着天际发愣。 
上期答案
1.I happen to write for a little publication.
2.You must be very proud.I'm the one with the last word.