(单词翻译:单击)
原文欣赏
Where did you find this place? I first came in because of the name.
怎找到来?受到店名吸引。
Hmm. Serendipity. It's one of my favorite words.
“情有独钟”,我最喜欢。
It is? Why? Uh-huh.
是吗?
Cause it's such a nice sound for what it means: a fortunate accident.
为什么?意思好,机缘巧合。
Mm. Except I don't really believe in accidents.
我相信一切命中注定,没有意外。
I think fate's behind everything. Oh, you do?
我相信一切命中注定,是吗?
Yeah. Fate's behind everything?
是的,一切命中注定?
I think so. Everything's predestined?
我认为是,一切命中注定?
We don't have any choice at all? I think we make our own decisions.
即是说,我们不可以选择?可以选择,不过…
I just think that fate sends us little signs,
我只是认为命运会安排一些征兆。
and it's how we read the signs that determines whether we're happy or not.
要留意徵兆,才得到幸福。
Little signals. Yeah. Yeah.
留意徵兆?
Fortunate accidents. Lucky discoveries. Columbus in America.
机缘巧合:哥伦布发现新大陆。
Yeah, or Fleming discovering penicillin. Penicillin.
弗莱明发明盘尼西林。
Fleming is his name? Yes.
原来是弗莱明发明的。
Or "Jonathan and the Gloves."
又例如:庄纳顿与手套?
I don't know that one. You don't know that story?
我倒没听过。
It's an old folk tale classic.
没听过?家传户晓的民间故事啊。
And in a perfect act of "serendipiocity" or "serendipaciousness,"
机缘巧合,或者机缘巧遇之下…
Our hero, Jonathan, goes out in search of black gloves.
主角庄纳顿四出寻找黑手套。
he runs into a beautiful, attractive English girl with a boyfriend.
邂逅一位名花有主的英国佳丽。
You have a boyfriend, right?
你有男友吧?
And you have the glove lady. Yes, I do.
你也有手套女友。
妙语佳句
1.serendipity
意外发现珍奇事物的本领;有意外发现珍宝的运气
Serendipity and luck are by their very nature unpredictable, and therefore not part of any good plan.
意外之得和幸运本质上都是不可预测的,因此不属于任何好计划的一部分。
2.predestined
注定的
I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.
我意识到即使那些宣称一切都是先天注定的人们,我们都无法去改变他们,看到他们将来该走的路。
3.penicillin
盘尼西林(青霉素)
The 2011 version turns out to be resistant to eight classes of antibiotics, including penicillin, streptomycin and sulfonamide.
事实证明,2011年菌株对青霉素、链霉素和磺胺剂等八类抗生素具有抗药性。
4.folk tale
民间故事;民间传说
The Coens posit a universe without order or meaning, and while Mr. Zhang does not necessarily quarrel with this view, he treats it less as a cosmic joke than as a grim folk tale.
科恩兄弟假想了一个没有秩序或意义的世界,而张艺谋并不一定非要背离这种既有模式,他的故事并不搞笑,充其量只能算一出冷酷的民间故事。
考考你
翻译
1.要留意徵兆,才得到幸福。
2.邂逅一位名花有主的英国佳丽。
上期答案
1.They're just sort of hanging there sleeping with their little price tag on.
2.These were meant to be a very special gift for someone.