(单词翻译:单击)
正文部分
"That is what I wanted you to think," he said.
“那正是我希望你所想的,”他说道。
"Then you havetricked me, andhave no confidence inme," I said. I was upset and angry because he had not told me his plans.
“那么说,你是在骗我,并不信任我呵!” 我说道。我因他没有告诉我他的计划而又烦又恼。
"I am sorry if it seems I have tricked you, my dear Watson. I did not want our enemy to know I was here, but I wanted to be near enough to make sure that you and Sir Henry were safe. You are a kind person—too kind to leave me alone out here in bad weather. Our enemy would guess I was here if he saw you coming out with food, or with important news. You have been a very real help to me. Your letters with all their valuable information have been brought to me. You have done excellent work, and without you I would not have all the important details I needed."
“如果看上去是我对你耍了什么花招的话,那就请你原谅我吧,我亲爱的华生。我不想叫咱们的对手知道我就在此地,但是我又想在此附近来保证你和亨利爵士安然无恙。你是个好心肠的人——好得都到了不能容忍我独自一人在此身处恶劣的露天环境之中。如果咱们的对手看到你带着食物出来了或带着重要的消息出来了,他就会猜到我在此地。你一直对我来说是种无可估量的帮助。你的那些有着价值无比的信息的信件都已被送到我这儿。你干得很出色,要是没有你我就不会得到我所需要的那一切详情了。”
Holmes' warm words of thanks made me feel much happier, and I saw that he was right.
福尔摩斯的那些温暖的感谢话语使我觉得高兴多了,我还意识到他是对的。
"That's better, "he said, as he saw the shadow lift from my face. "Now tell me about your visit to Mrs Laura Lyons."
“这样就好了,”他看到阴影已从我的脸上消失时这么说道。“现在告诉我你造访劳拉·莱昂丝太太的情况吧。”
I told Holmes everything Mrs Lyons had said.
我把莱昂丝太太所讲的全部内容告诉了福尔摩斯。
This is all very important, "Holmes said. "It answers questions I have been unable to answer、Did you know that Mrs Lyons and Stapleton are very close friends? They often meet, and they write to each other. Perhaps I can use this information to turn Stapleton's wife against him..."
“这点至关重要,”福尔摩斯说道。“它回答了我一直不能回答的那些问题。你已知道莱昂丝太太和斯台普顿是关系密切的朋友了吧?他们常见面,还常通信。也许我可以用这条信息使斯台普顿的妻子与他作对……”
"His wife?"I asked. "Who and where is she?"
“他的妻子?”我问道。“她是谁,又在哪儿呢?”
妙语佳句
1.trick
n. 诡计;恶作剧;窍门;花招;骗局;欺诈
vt. 欺骗;哄骗;装饰;打扮
vi. 哄骗;戏弄
adj. 特技的;欺诈的;有决窍的
eg. How did she look through his trick?
她是怎么识破他的把戏?
eg. Your trick won't be slipped over me.
你的诡计再也骗不了我了。
eg. Nevertheless, occasionally his eyes trick him.
不过,偶尔他的眼睛也会欺骗他。
2.have no confidence in 不信任
eg. Their origin, their conditions, the people have no confidence in themselves.
对自己的出身地,自己的条件,自己这个人没有信心。
eg. I have no confidence in any of the early end to all.
对于任何我都没信心了想尽早的结束一切。
3. I am sorry if it seems I have tricked you, my dear Watson.
如果看上去是我对你耍了什么花招的话,那就请你原谅我吧,我亲爱的华生。
注意虚拟表达,翻译和英语思维方式。