《巴斯克威尔猎犬》第52期:陷阱(4)
日期:2012-08-29 10:11

(单词翻译:单击)

正文部分

Mrs Lyons jumped from her chair. "His wife!"she cried. "He has no wife. He is not a married man."
莱昂丝太太从椅子上跳了起来。“他的太太!”她惊叫道。“他没有妻子。他还是个单身汉。”
"I have come here ready to prove that he is married, and the woman calls herself his sister is really his wife, "said Holmes.
“我来此地时已经准备就绪,可以证明他已结了婚而自称是他妹妹的那个女子其实是他妻子,”福尔摩斯说道。
He took some photographs and papers from his pocket, and showed them to Mrs Lyons.
他从衣兜里掏出几张相片和几张纸来,并把它们给莱昂丝太太看。
She looked at the photographs and read the papers.
她看了看相片,又看了看那几张纸。
When she put them down, I could see that she had accepted the truth.
当她把那些从手中放下时,我能看出她已接受了事实。
"I thought this man loved me, " she said, "but he has lied to me.
“我以为这个人爱我,”她说道。“可是他一直在对我撒谎。
Ask me what you like, Mr Holmes, and I will tell you the truth. I never thought any harm would come to Sir Charles.
愿意问我什么就问吧,福尔摩斯先生,我将告诉您事情的真相。我从没有想到会加害于查尔斯爵士。
He was a dear old gentleman who was very kind to me. I would do nothing to hurt him."
他是位年迈的、待我非常好的绅士。我决不干什么伤害他的事情。”
"I believe you, Mrs Lyons,"said Holmes. "Now, let me tell you what I think happened.
“我相信您,莱昂丝太太,”福尔摩斯说道。“现在,让我告诉您我认为已发生的事情。
You can tell me If I'm right or if I'm wrong. First of all, I think Stapleton told you to write the letter to Sir Charles and to ask him for help.
您可以告诉我讲对了还是讲错了。首先,我认为斯台普顿要您给查尔斯爵士写信并向他求救。
He also told you to ask Sir Charles to meet you at the moor gate.
他还叫您去请求查尔斯爵士在通往沼地的栅门旁见您。
Then, after you had sent the letter, Stapleton persuaded you not to meet Sir Charles after all."
接着,在您把信发出去之后,斯台普顿劝阻您根本不要去见查尔斯爵士。”

妙语佳句

1. Ask me what you like, Mr Holmes, and I will tell you the truth.
愿意问我就问吧,福尔摩斯先生,我将告诉您事情的真相。

Ask me what you like.
愿意问我什么就问吧。也可以说ask me whatever you want to. 意思是想问什么就问吧。

2. ask someone for help 向某人求救

eg. I think it still uses. Who should we ask for help?
让我看看,我想应该还能用,我们要向谁求助呢?

eg. Who do we ask for help?
我们该向谁伸出求助之手?

分享到