一分钟英语(MP3+双语字幕) 第177期:To Break the Ice 打破僵局
日期:2017-05-22 13:57

(单词翻译:单击)

Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
Ice is frozen water.
冰是凝固的水。
But what does it mean if you break it? To Break the Ice
但是如果你把它打碎是什么意思呢?打破僵局
Should you fix broken ice?
你应该把碎冰修复吗?
Hey, I saw you at my party last night. But you didn't stay very long.
嘿,我昨天晚上在聚会上看到你了。但是你没有待太久。
I knew no one. And I didn't have the energy to break the ice with a bunch of new people.
我谁都不认识。而且我也没有精力去打破跟一群陌生人的僵局。
Asking questions is a good icebreaker.
问问题是打破僵局的好办法。
True. But even if I broke the ice, I didn't have the energy to listen.
确实。不过即使我打破了僵局,我也没有精力去听。

打破僵局

"To break the ice" means to start a conversation with someone you don't really know.
“To break the ice”是指跟陌生人开始一段对话。
In the winter, ships can get stuck in ice.
冬季船只会被困在冰里。
Smaller ships break the ice to open up passageways.
小船能够打破冰层,开启通道。
People can open conversations in the same way.
人们也能以同样的方式开启对话。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!

分享到