一分钟英语(MP3+双语字幕) 第159期:Bend the Rules 修改规则
日期:2017-04-25 13:27

(单词翻译:单击)

Welcome to English in a minute.
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
When you bend something, you fold it, or change its shape, like this.
当你弯曲某个东西时,你可以对折或改变它的形状,就像这样。
But what does this American idiom mean? Bend the rules.
但是这个美国习语是什么意思呢?修改规定
My new apartment has a no animals rule.
我的新公寓有个不能养宠物的规定。
But I really want to get a cat. What do you think?
但是我真的很想要养猫。你觉得呢?
Do you think I can bend the rules and get one?
你觉得我能修改规定,养一只么?

修改规则

That's not bending the rules. That's straight up breaking the rules.
你这不是修改规定,而是打破规定了。
If you get a cat, you could be kicked out.
如果你养一只猫的话,你也许会被赶走。
If you really want a pet, start with a fish.
如果你真的想养宠物,那就先试试养鱼吧。
When you bend the rules, you are not exactly following them.
当你修改规定时,意思就是你没有完全遵守规定。
But you're not breaking the rules either.
但是你也没要打破规定。
So if you are thinking about bending the rules, you should consider the end result.
所以当你想要修改规定时,你要考虑一下后果。
And that's English in a minute.
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!

分享到