一分钟英语(MP3+双语字幕) 第169期:Wires Crossed 互相误解
日期:2017-05-10 11:30

(单词翻译:单击)

Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
Wires are thin, metal threads that are used in many electrical devices. Wires Crossed
电线是细长的金属线,应用于许多电器设备中。互相误解
Hey, Jonathan. Thanks for working my shift in the studio tomorrow night.
乔纳森,你好。谢谢你为了我的工作室调整明天晚上的时间。
What are you talking about? I have plans tomorrow night.
你说什么?我明天有别的计划。
But I thought you said you would switch days with me?
但是我以为你说你会为我调整时间。
And I thought you meant next week.
我以为你说的是下周。
We got our wires crossed. I'll make other arrangements.
我们都误解了对方。我还是另做安排吧。

互相误解

When people get their "wires crossed", they have a different understanding of the same situation.
当人们感觉“wires crossed”时,那就是说他们对同一件事有了不同的理解。
The expression comes from older telephone systems that use wires.
这个表述来自老式的电话电话系统,那时它们的都是用电线的。
With these phones, you might hear another conversation on the same line.
打电话时,你可能听到在同一条电话线上的其他的对话。
This situation was called "crossed wires."
这种情况就叫做“电线交叉”。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!

分享到