一分钟英语(MP3+双语字幕) 第93期:Clear the Air 消除误会
日期:2017-01-12 12:05

(单词翻译:单击)

Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
If you have trouble with a friend or co-worker, maybe you should do this: Clear The Air.
如果你和朋友或同事之间出现了纠纷,你可能需要这样做:消除误会
I'm afraid I must've done something to hurt Mary's feelings.
我恐怕一定是做了一些事情,伤害到了玛丽的感受。
She has been so unfriendly recently to me.
她最近对我很不友好。
I told her I want to clear the air, but she turned and walked away from me.
我告诉过她我想要消除误会,可是她却扭头从我旁边走开了。

Clear the Air 消除误会

At my office there have been so many rumors, the boss called a meeting to clear the air.
我办公室也有过许多谣言,老板会召集会议来消除误会。
Clear the air. This idiom comes from the fact that, when there is smoke or fog in the air, it is difficult to see.
消除误会。这个习语源于这样一个事实,当空气中烟雾弥漫时,是很难看到东西的。
Sometimes when people are angry, or dislike someone, they hide the reasons for those feelings.
有时候,当人们非常生气,或讨厌某个人时,他们会隐藏这些情感的原因。
Clearing the air means that they bring those issues out in the open to work through them.
消除误会指他们开诚布公说出问题以解决这些问题。
This can apply to both personal and work situations.
这个短语可以用在个人情况和工作情景中。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》!

分享到