一分钟英语(MP3+双语字幕) 第142期:Got up on the Wrong Side of the Bed
日期:2017-03-30 11:02

(单词翻译:单击)

Welcome to English in a minute.
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
Maybe you have heard this saying in American English: Got up on the Wrong Side of the Bed
你也许在美语中听过这种说法:心情不佳
Is there a right or wrong side of a bed?
一张床真的分对错边吗?
What happens if you get up on the wrong side of the bed? Let's listen:
如果你“get up on the wrong side of the bed”,会怎样呢?让我们来听一听:

心情不佳

Wow, Mike is in such a bad mood today! Stay away from him.
喔,麦克今天心情真差。离他远一点。
You are right. He is so angry.
你说得对,他非常生气。
I bet he got up on the wrong side of the bed!
我打赌他早上起床后心情就不好。
If you got up on the wrong side of the bed, it means you started the day in a bad way.
如果你起床后心情就不好,那意思就是说接下来的一天都会由不好的事情开始。
The saying comes from ancient Roman times.
这种说法从古罗马时期就有了。
The Romans believed it was bad luck to put your left foot on the floor first when getting out of bed.
罗马人认为,起床的时候如果左脚先着地,那么运气就会很差。
Now you can use got up on the wrong side of the bed in a conversation.
现如今,你可以在对话中使用“got up on the wrong side of the bed”这个短语了。
And that's English in a minute.
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》!

分享到