一分钟英语(MP3+双语字幕) 第151期:Back to Square One 从头来过
日期:2017-04-13 11:29

(单词翻译:单击)

Welcome to English in a minute.
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目
Unless you know American English, you might have trouble understanding what this means: Back to Square One
除非你了解美语,否则你可能在理解这个短语的意思上有困难:从头来过
Where, and what, is Square One?
Square One在哪里,是什么呢?
Any why would you go there? Let's listen:
你为什么要去那里呢?让我们一起听一下:
I am not having a good day.
我今天过得很不好。
I'm sorry to hear that. What happened?
听到这个消息我很难受。怎么了?
My boss did not like my video project. She told me to redo it.
我的老板不喜欢我的视频项目。她告知我要重新制作。
So now I have to go back to square one.
所以,现在我必须要从头来过了。

Back to Square One 从头来过

If you go back to square one, it means you have to start over on something.
当你go back to square one时,意思就是你要重新开始做某事了。
This comes from a game board, and the idea that the game begins on the first square.
这个短语来源于一种棋盘游戏,该游戏规则是从第一个方格开始。
So, if you go back to square one, you are coming back to the beginning of something.
因此,当你从头来过时,你就要回到某事的起点了。
And that's English in a minute.
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!

分享到