一分钟英语(MP3+双语字幕) 第123期:Slip One's Mind 遗忘
日期:2017-03-02 10:53

(单词翻译:单击)

Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
When you "slip" you fall down.
当你“滑倒”的时候,就意味着你摔倒了。
But how does something slip from your mind? Slip (One's) Mind
那么某事又是如何滑过你的大脑的呢?忘记
Let's listen to Anna and Jonathan:
让我们听听看安娜和乔纳森是如何解释的吧:
Look at this beautiful cake I made for the dinner party!
看看这个漂亮的蛋糕,我为今晚的聚会做的!
Oh no, is that tonight?
不会吧,聚会是在今晚吗?
Yes! Didn't you make something?
是的!你没有为聚会做点什么吗?
No, it totally slipped my mind!
没有,我完全忘了!

Slip One's Mind 遗忘

If you say something "slipped your mind" you forgot about it.
倘若你说某事“slipped your mind”,那么表示你完全忘记做这件事了。
You can say this about an event, a task or a personal detail about someone, such as their name.
这个短语可用来形容事件、任务,或关于某个人的个人信息,比如他们的名字。
People often say words like "completely" or "totally" before this expression.
人们通常会在该短语前加上“彻底地”或“完全地”等类似的词汇。
It totally slipped my mind! That completely slipped my mind!
我完全忘了!我彻底忘了!
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!

分享到