一分钟英语(MP3+双语字幕) 第134期:As the Crow Flies 直线距离
日期:2017-03-20 11:35

(单词翻译:单击)

Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
Have you heard this phrase in American English? As the Crow Flies.
你在美语中听过这个短语吗?直线距离
What do these people mean when they say, "as the crow flies"? Let's listen:
当有人说"as the crow flies",他们要表达的意思是什么?让我们听一下:
I am going to check my GPS, but first, can you tell me how far the airport is from here?
我要查看我的GPS,但是首先,你能告诉我这儿离机场多远吗?
I think it's about 20 miles.
我想大约20英里。
The airport isn't very far, "as the crow flies," but you can't get there directly.
以直线距离来说,机场离这儿不是很远,但你不能直接到那里。
You have to drive around the mountains. It's about 40 minute by car.
你必须绕着山走。开车大约要40分钟。

As the Crow Flies 直线距离

A crow is a big, black bird.
乌鸦是一种大的、黑色的鸟。
"As the crow flies", describes the distance between two places as a bird, or an airplane, might fly.
"As the crow flies"描述的是两个地方的距离,鸟或飞机可以飞过去。
It does not include the turns in a road going around mountains or bodies of water.
这不包括路上绕着山或水的拐弯处。
Now you can use "as the crow flies," in a conversation.
现在你可以在对话中使用"as the crow flies"了。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!

分享到