一分钟英语(MP3+双语字幕) 第113期:Miss the Boat 错失良机
日期:2017-02-16 13:14

(单词翻译:单击)

Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
If you arrive too late to a harbor to catch a boat, you can say you "missed the boat."
如果你到达港口太晚,没有赶上轮船,你就可以说“我错过了轮船。”
But as an idiom, this phrase is not about transportation. Miss the Boat
但这个短语作为习语,它和交通并无关联。错失良机

Miss the Boat 错失良机

Have you heard back about the pop-up book design program in Miami?
你有没有听到迈阿密立体书设计项目的信息呢?
Um, no. Actually, I missed the application deadline.
嗯,没有。实际上我错过了申请的最后期限。
What? You would have loved that. You really missed the boat by not applying!
不会吧?你本来是喜欢它的。你因为没有申请而错失良机!
If you "miss the boat", you missed your chance at a good opportunity.
如果你“错失良机”,你失去了一个不错的机会。
It can also mean to not understand something.
这个短语还指不理解某事。
For example, you might "miss the boat" on an important English grammar point.
比如,你可能会不理解一个重要的英语语法点。
Anna "missed the boat" when she did not apply for a program she would have enjoyed.
当安娜没有申请她本来喜欢的项目的时候,她就“错失良机”了。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!

分享到