(单词翻译:单击)
视听原文
I remember thinking at the time
我总是一直在想
that so many of the men that I admired most
我所欣赏的大部分人
that their lives were dedicated to something greater than themselves.
他们都为某些事情做出了牺牲
So you got married because men you admired were married?
所以你结婚是因为你欣赏的人都结婚了?
No, no. It's more like I had this-- This idea of my best self, you know?
不,不,是我的主意?
And I wanted to pursue that
我想做个高尚的人
even if it might have been overriding my honest self.
即使不是自己的真实愿望
You know what I'm saying?
你知道我在说什么吗?
In the moment, I remember thinking it didn't much matter, the who of it all.
那一刻,我觉得是谁并不重要
I mean, that nobody is gonna be everything to you
我的意思是说, 没有一个人可以意味着全部
and that it's just the action of committing yourself
只是自己的一种承诺
you know, meeting your responsibilities, that matters.
自己应该负起的责任,这才是重要的
I mean, what is love, right, if it's not respect, trust, admiration?
就是说,爱难道不是尊重、信任、钦仰么?
And l-- I felt all those things.
所有这些我都感觉到了
Cut to the present, and I feel like I'm running a nursery
回到现实, 我感觉自己是和以前的爱人
with somebody I used to date, you know.
在开托儿所
I mean, I'm like a monk, you know.
就是说我感觉自己像修道士
I mean, I've had sex less than 1 0 times in the last four years.
我的意思是说这4年来我只有过不到10次性生活
重点讲解
重点单词:
1、admire
vt. 钦佩;赞美
vi. 钦佩;称赞
I admired her when I first met her and I still think she's marvellous.
我第一次见到她时就钦佩她,而且我现在依然认为她很了不起。
2、responsibility
n. 责任,职责;义务
Each manager had responsibility for just under 600 properties.
每位经理对差一点不到六百处房产负责。
3、override
vt. 推翻;不顾;践踏
The welfare of a child should always override the wishes of its parents.
孩子的幸福应该永远比其父母的心愿更重要。
重点短语:
1、less than
小于;少于;不到
Spend less than you earn, go without until you have the money.
一定要比自己挣的花的少,如果没有那么多钱,就不要行动。
2、be dedicated to
奉献;从事于;献身于
The load testing client machines should be dedicated to the sole task of load testing.
负载测试客户机机器应被完全专用于负载测试任务。
考考你(翻译):
1、他钦佩她应对生活的方式。
2、没有人对这些袭击负责。
3、天使曾告诉他的母亲,她将生下一个献身于上帝的儿子,并且他的头发始终不能被剪掉。
答案下期公布:
上期答案:
1、Is he, you know, like some kind of weird simpleton?
2、There are so many different sorts of mushrooms available these days.
3、There was a long, pregnant silence, which Mrs. Madrigal punctuated by reaching for the cheque.