(单词翻译:单击)
视听原文
So I read in that article that you're married with a kid. That's great.
我读过另一篇文章知道你结婚了,还有个孩子
Yeah, he's-- He's 4.
对,孩子4岁.
What's his name? -Henry. Little Hank.
他叫什么名字? -亨利,小汉克
He's so much fun. -Oh, wow, I'm sure.
他很有意思 -我肯定
Your wife, what does she do? -She teaches elementary school.
你太太,职业是? -她是小学老师
Do you have kids? -Yes, two-- Shit!
你们有孩子么? -是的,两个。噢,该死!
What? -I left them in the car! -什么?
我把他们丢在车里了!
With the windows up, six months ago! Think they're okay?
六个月前,窗门还关着! 想想他们还好吧?
No, I'm kidding. No, but I want to have kids someday.
不,我只是开玩笑 不,可我将来有一天真是要有孩子的
I'm just not ready yet. -No?
我只是还没有准备好 -没有?
I'm in a good relationship, though. -Oh yeah? That's good.
虽然我现在现在和他关系不错 -是么?这是好事
What's he do? -He's a photojournalist.
他是干吗的? -他是摄影记者
He does war coverage.
他做有关战争报道
He's away a lot, which is good because I'm so busy.
他总是出差,不过也是好事 因为我也很忙
But isn't that dangerous? Aren't a lot of those guys getting killed these days?
但那样不是很危险么? 这些年头很多人都死于战乱的?
He promises me he doesn't take risks, but I often worry.
他答应过我不冒险, 但我有时也总是担心
He goes in this trance when he photographs something.
当他一摄影就会傻楞
What do you mean? -Well, once we were in New Delhi...
怎么说? -记得有次在新德里...
and we passed a bum on the
我们经过贫民区--
A bomb? -A bum. A homeless.
炸弹(bum谐音bomb)? -贫民区
重点讲解
重点单词:
1、though
adv. 可是,虽然;不过;然而
conj. 虽然;尽管
prep. 但
Everything I told them was correct, though I forgot a few things.
我告诉他们的全部正确,尽管我忘了几件事。
2、photograph
vt. 为…拍照;使深深印入
vi. 拍照;在照片上显得
n. 照片,相片
He wants to take some photographs of the house.
他想给这所房子拍一些照片。
3、coverage
n. 覆盖,覆盖范围
Now a special TV network gives live coverage of most races.
现在一个专门的电视网对大多数比赛进行现场报道。
4、elementary
adj. 基本的;初级的;[化学] 元素的
Literacy now includes elementary computer skills.
有文化现在包括基本的计算机技能。
重点短语:
1、married with
和(某人)结婚
The town wouldn’t let the two of them marry with me joined up for the ride.
镇子上不会让他俩结婚还顺带捎上我的。
考考你(翻译):
1、我喜欢他,尽管他有时惹我生气。
2、她给孩子们照了相。
3、一个有趣的速率包含所有基本的速率常数,作为它的一部分。
答案下期公布:
上期答案:
1、We should treat the theme realistically.
2、When I'd missed a few times, he suggested I rest the rifle on a rock to steady it.
3、And I found a path of both, I think, humility and power to walk down.