《新乌龙女校》视听讲解第12期:滴酒不沾的老师
日期:2012-03-23 17:08

(单词翻译:单击)

视听原文

You must try my latest concoction. It's a real beauty.
你一定要尝尝我新调的饮料 棒极了
I call it The Gerald.
我管它叫吉尔德
The Gerald.
吉尔德
After my first husband.
在我第一任丈夫之后
Cheap, bitter and completely alcoholic.
廉价 苦涩 烈性

Have you been drinking again?
你又开始喝洒了?
No. no.
没 没有
Just a little breathless.
只是有点上气不接下气
Go on. I'm dying to know what you think.
来 我很想知道你在想什么
I... I'm teetotal, I'm afraid.
我...我不喝酒
But I do like having fun as much as the next person.
但我也喜欢享乐 和其它人一样
In fact, I'd love it if we could all get involved in School Challenge.
实际上 如果我们都能参加"学校挑战"
TV quiz show.
电视问答节目我会很高兴的
Popular at my last school
在我以前的学校非常受欢迎
and tremendous fun for both pupils and teachers.
学生和老师都觉得非常有趣
Good morning, everyone.
大家早上好
Morning, Mr Thwaites.
部长 早上好
Please, sit.
请坐
Now, as you know all too well,
你们都清楚的知道
our nation's schools have been blighted by the false kindness
我认为我国的学校被
of namby-pamby, touchy-feely policies
矫饰敏感的政策的伪善
for far too long.
摧残已久

重点讲解

1. concoction n.调配(物)
Isn't this a delicious concoction?
这不是一种很可口的混合酒吗?
2. teetotal a.滴酒不沾的
Similarly, the IQ of women drinkers showed an improvement of 2.5 points over their teetotal sisters.
同样,饮酒的妇女智商比那些完全不喝酒的妇女要高2.5个百分点。
3. blight v.(使)枯萎, 摧毁
His absence cast a blight over the family.
他的不在场使家庭笼罩上一层阴影。

分享到
重点单词
  • kindnessn. 仁慈,好意
  • castv. 投,掷,抛,铸造,丢弃,指定演员,加起来,投射(目
  • blightedadj. 枯萎的;摧残的 v. 使染上枯萎病;毁坏(bl
  • popularadj. 流行的,大众的,通俗的,受欢迎的
  • improvementn. 改进,改善
  • challengen. 挑战 v. 向 ... 挑战