Yeah, I went to the University of Minnesota and I graduated in 1992. My major was International Relations...
with an economics focus and an international business focus, East Asian studies… I was all over the place! I studied lots of different things, but basically International Relations!
Then I came to South Korea and I went to graduate school for an MBA, but I didn’t finish the MBA… I had some visa problems!
Anyway, I’ve been teaching English in South Korea for a long time. I first started teaching in 1987! Now it’s 2012, so my goodness, almost 25 years! 2011! It’s not 2012! Almost 25 years of teaching English and I really love it.
I don’t call myself a teacher, though. I like to call myself a coach. Because a lot of my students — they’re adults— their English basics are really good. They just need practice.
1. graduate v. 毕业 ＋in 年份，＋from 学校
2. major n. 专业／主修
3. international a. 国际的
4. international relations 国际关系
5. economics n. 经济学
6. East Asian a. 东亚的
7. I was all over the place 这里指我什么都学
8. basically adv. 基本上
9. MBA = Master of Business Administration 企业管理硕士
10. my goodness 我的天呀
11. coach n. 教练
12. adults n. 成人
1. Which school did you go to? 你上哪间学校
2. What was your major? 你的专业是什么？
3. What subjects did you study? 你学习什么科目？
4. What do you do? How long have you been doing it? 你工作是什么？做了多久？
5. Do you like what you are doing now? 你喜欢现在在做的事／工作吗？