《那些年那些诗》第62篇:自然之歌 Song of Nature(1)
日期:2013-05-30 16:50

(单词翻译:单击)

拉尔夫·沃尔多·爱默生(Ralph Waldo Emerson,1803年-1882年),生于波士顿。 美国思想家、文学家,诗人。 爱默生是确立美国文化精神的代表人物。 美国前总统林肯称他为“美国的孔子”、“美国文明之父”。1803年5月25日出生于马萨诸塞州波士顿附近的康考德村,1882年4月27日在波士顿逝世。他的生命几乎横贯19世纪的美国,他出生时候的美国热闹却混沌,一些人意识到它代表着某种新力量的崛起,却无人能够清晰的表达出来。

Song of Nature
自然之歌
by Ralph Waldo Emerson
拉尔夫·沃尔多·爱默生
Mine are the night and morning,
我拥有黑夜与清晨,
The pits of air, the gulf of space,
大气的沟壑,空间的深渊,
The sportive sun, the gibbous moon,
太阳嬉闹,月华盈盈,
The innumerable days.
数不清的一天天。
I hid in the solar glory,
我躲进阳光的辉煌,
I am dumb in the pealing song,
在隆隆的歌里沉默,
I rest on the pitch of the torrent,
停在洪流的波面,
In slumber I am strong.
我在酣眠中强壮。
No numbers have counted my tallies,
没有数字将我计数,
No tribes my house can fill,
没有部落充满我的房屋,
I sit by the shining Fount of Life,
坐在波光潋滟的生命泉边,
And pour the deluge still;
我默默将洪流倾注;
And ever by delicate powers
曾经倚靠精妙的力
Gathering along the centuries
沿着诸多的世纪采集
From race on race the rarest flowers,
一种接一种珍稀的花朵,
My wreath shall nothing miss.
我的花冠上什么都不会逃过。
And many a thousand summers
经过成千上万个夏季
My apples ripened well,
我的苹果都成熟得健康,
And light from meliorating stars
变化着的星星闪烁
With firmer glory fell.
撒下坚实的光芒。
I wrote the past in characters
我用岩石的质地书写往昔
Of rock and fire the scroll,
并焚烧那些纸制卷轴,

分享到
重点单词
  • countedvt. 计算;认为 vi. 计数;有价值 n. 计数;计
  • torrentn. 激流,山洪 adj. 奔流的,汹涌的
  • delugen. 大洪水,暴雨,泛滥 v. 泛滥,大量涌入
  • delicaten. 精美的东西 adj. 精美的,微妙的,美味的,纤细
  • pitchn. 沥青,树脂,松脂 n. 程度,投掷,球场,音高 v
  • gloryn. 光荣,荣誉,壮丽,赞颂 vi. 为 ... 而骄傲
  • scrolln. 卷轴,目录 v. 卷动
  • slumbern. 睡眠,微睡,休止状态 v. 睡觉,打盹,静止,休眠
  • fell动词fall的过去式 n. 兽皮 vt. 砍伐,击倒 a