点滴英语天天学第321期:雅思词汇(161)
日期:2020-05-12 20:15

(单词翻译:单击)

1. Expression:in one’s hair

Explanation:Annoying someone. (使人心烦,激怒某人

Usage:它是一个介词短语,可以动词get连用表示“让某人心烦,激怒某人”的意思,即:get in one’s hair。也可以放于系动词后,即:be in one’s hair,表示“给某人搅得心烦意乱”这种状况。

Example:The kids are totally getting in my hair today, so I need you to take them out of the house for a little bit.

今天,孩子们让我非常心烦意乱,所以我需要你带他们出去一会儿。

The new intern has been in my hair all day so I don't know how I'm going to get my report finished before the deadline.

新来的实习生让我觉得很烦,所以我不知道我如何在最后期限完成我的报告。

You can watch what I am doing, but don't get in my hair.

你可以观看我在做什么,但是别打搅我。

I wish you wouldn't get in my hair when I was trying to do something.

我希望你在我尽力做事的时候不要打搅我。

A: Don’t always get in my hair!

别开烦我!

B: We are good friends, don’t we? Let me know about your trouble and may help you.

我们是好朋友,不是吗?让我知道你的烦恼,或许我能帮上忙。

2. Expression:get one’s goat

Explanation:To annoy or anger one. (激怒某人,惹怒某人)

Example:.I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get your goat.

对不起,我不是故意惹你生气的。

Jean got Sally's goat and Sally made quite a fuss about it.

Jean把Sally惹火了,于是Sally就小题大做起来了。

That guy just gets my goat every time he opens his mouth.

那家伙每次一开口就惹我生气。

3. Expression:against the hair

Explanation:Against the grain. (与某人的性格、感情或愿望等格格不入,有违本性

Example:It really goes against the hair to have to go into the office at weekends.

我真不愿意周末还要上班。

It goes against the hair for me to accept money merely for giving somebody a help hand.

仅仅因帮助了某人而要接纳钱财与我的意愿相违的。

Such dishonesty goes against the hair.

如此的不诚实有违个人的本性。

分享到