第1034期:生活实用对话顽固不化的人怎么说
日期:2024-03-04 09:23

(单词翻译:单击)

A: Bob refused all his classmates' invitation.

鲍勃拒绝了班上所有人的邀请。


B: I really could not understand him.

我真的不明白他这个人。


A: He's surely a hard nut. Nobody likes approaching him.

他真是个脑子不开窍的人,没人愿意接近他。


B: We'd better also leave him alone.

我们最好也别惹他。


01 hard nut

难对付的人;顽固不化的人;不容易了解的人


He's a hard nut; he won't back down easily.

他是个硬汉,不会轻易让步。


hard nut to crack

难对付的人;棘手的事


This math problem is a hard nut to crack.

这个数学题很难解。


He is a hard nut to crack, but we managed to negotiate a deal with him.

他是个难缠的人,但我们设法与他谈判达成一致。


My manager is a hard nut to crack. He always shouts at me about what I have done.

我的经理是个难对付的人,他总是针对我做的事情对我大吼大叫。


The old computer is a hard nut to crack, it keeps crashing, and we can't figure out the problem.

这台旧电脑是个难题,总是死机,并且我们无法找到问题所在。


The problem of hunger worldwide is a hard nut to crack. I'm afraid that scientists need to put in more efforts.

全球性饥饿问题是个棘手问题,恐怕科学家需要付出更多的努力。


02 approach

接近/靠近某人或某地


The train approached the station.

火车靠近车站。


The airplane approached the runway, preparing for landing.

飞机靠近跑道,准备降落。


As I approached the park, I could hear the laughter of children playing.

当我走近公园时,我能听到孩子们玩耍的笑声。


03 leave sb alone

让某人单独待着,不要打扰或者干涉某人


Can you leave your brother alone? He's trying to study.

你能让你的弟弟单独待会吗?他正在学习。


I need some time to think, so please leave me alone.

我需要一些时间来思考,所以请让我单独待会。


He's in bad mood, so it's best to leave him alone.

他心情不好,最好别打扰他。

分享到