跟艾米莉一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第578期:对爱抱怨的人就该这么怼!
日期:2019-05-22 08:00

(单词翻译:单击)

kvetch /kvetʃ/
抱怨;爱抱怨的人
I'm sorry. I don't mean to be a kvetch.
对不起,我并不想一直抱怨。
Stop whining.
别发牢骚了。
a damp squib
空欢喜一场

A: This hotel room sucks.
这家宾馆的房间真烂。
B: Oh, stop complaining. We only have to stay here for one night.
别再抱怨了,我们只不过在这儿住一个晚上而已。
A: But the carpet smells like a wet dog and the bed is as hard as a rock.
可是这地毯闻起来有发霉的味道,而且床硬的像石头。
B: Why do you always have to kvetch? Let's just enjoy our vacation.
为什么你老是在挑刺?我们就好好享受假期吧。
A: Maybe I should complain to the manager.
或许我应该像宾馆经理反映
B: Please, just stop whining. Let's go down to the pool for a swim.
拜托,别再发牢骚了,我们下楼去泳池游个泳。
A: I'm sure the poor will turn out to be a damp squib as well.
我可以肯定那个游泳池肯定也是空欢喜一场。
B: Look, Phil. This hotel is not what I expected either, but there's nothing we can do about it.
听着,菲尔,这家宾馆也不如我所期待,但是我们不能改变什么。
A: Oh, okay, then. Finish your coffee and we'll go for a swim.
好吧,等你把咖啡喝完我们就去游泳。
B: I don't want to finish my coffee.
我不想把这杯咖啡喝光。
A: Why not?
为什么?
B: It sucks.
很难喝。

分享到
重点单词
  • complainvi. 抱怨,悲叹,控诉
  • dampadj. 潮湿的,有湿气的,沮丧的 n. 潮湿,湿气 v