跟艾米莉一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第706期:日常简单的问候
日期:2020-07-03 08:35

(单词翻译:单击)

How is it going?

How is everything going?

最近怎么样?


You look in a good mood.

你看起来心情很好。

be in a good/bad mood

心情好/差


How have you been getting along?

你们相处怎么样?

get along

进展;相处


It couldn't be worse.

简直不能再糟糕了。


What have you been up to(lately)?

最近在忙什么?


I heard you're doing well.

我听说你发展的不错。


A: Good morning, Cathy.

早上好,凯西。


B: Good morning, John.

早上好,约翰。


A: You look tired, what have you been up to lately?

你看起来很疲惫,最近在忙什么呢?


B: Don't mention it. Something is wrong with one of the projects I'm in charge of, and I've been busy working on it lately. I haven't slept well in days. I just came out of company.

别提了,我负责的一个项目出了问题,我最近忙着解决这件事呢。我已经好几天没好好睡觉了,我刚从公司出来。

"Don't mention it".作“别提了”,表示对某种情况很不满或很无奈;作“别客气”解多用来对别人感谢做出回应。

"in charge of"意为“负责”,表示主动,其主语只能是人,而in the charge of意为“负责”,常用主动形式表被动,主语是事物。比如:I'm in charge of this project. This project is in the charge of me.我负责这个项目。


A: I know your work is important, but health is more important. If you go on like this, your body will break down.

我知道你的工作很重要,但是身体更重要啊,你再这样下去身体会垮掉的。

break down可以表示“身体垮掉”,“机器坏掉”等


B: Well, my problem at work has been solved. I have taken two days off and I'll have a good rest.

我工作上的问题已经解决了,我请了两天假,好好休息一下。

take days off意为“休几天假”,ask for leave意为“请假”,be on leave意为 “休假”


A: That's good. My daughter is back from abroad, and I'm going to pick her up at the airport. But what is even worse is that my car breaks down, so I have to take a taxi.

那就好,我女儿从国外回来了,我要去机场接他,但是倒霉的是我的车坏了,我只好打出租车了。

pick sb up意为“接送某人”;What is even worse意为“更糟糕的是”


B: I can drive you there.

我开车送你去。


A: Come on. You'd better go home and get some rest.

得了吧,你还是赶紧回家休息吧。


B: All right. Bye.

那好吧,再见。

分享到