跟艾米莉一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第408期:别拐弯抹角了
日期:2017-12-15 09:20

(单词翻译:单击)

Stop beating around the bush.
别拐弯抹角了。


1 beat around the bush 拐弯抹角;旁敲侧击
Don't beat around the bush.Tell me exactly what Jack said.
别拐弯抹角了。实话告诉我杰克说了什么。
Don't beat around the bush,come straight to the point.
别拐弯抹角了,直截了当的说吧。
There's no need to beat around the bush,just tell me what the problem is.
没必要拐弯抹角,直接告诉我问题所在。

2 stop doing..停止正在做的事情
Stop talking.
停止说话
stop to talk
停下来去说话

A:Honey,I think you should quit smoking.
亲爱的,我觉得你要戒烟了。
B:Why?You said I was hot when smoking.
为什么?你以前不是说我抽烟的时候很性感吗?
A:But I want you to be fit.
但是我更喜欢你健健康康的。
B:Smoking is killing.I know.
吸烟有害,我知道。
A:Check out this article. It says smoking can lead to lung cancer.
看看这篇文章,上面说吸烟会导致肺癌。
B:I don't believe it.
我才不相信呢。
A:But you know that smoking does harm to health,right?
但是你知道吸烟有害健康对吧?
B:Of course I know it,but you know it's hard to quit smoking.
我当然知道吸烟有害健康,可是戒烟很难啊。
A:Stop beating around the bush.Will you quit or not?
别拐弯抹角了。你到底戒不戒烟?
B:Yes,ma'am.Whatever you say.
好吧,你说什么就什么吧。

分享到
重点单词
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • beatv. 打败,战胜,打,敲打,跳动 n. 敲打,拍子,心跳