跟艾米莉一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第567期:与上司的谈话
日期:2019-04-15 08:00

(单词翻译:单击)

A: Since you did such a fantastic job running the last project, I'd like you to be in charge of this one.
由于你在上次任务中表现特别出色,所以这次的任务我也想交给你负责。
B: Okay. Is the deadline soon?
好的,这个项目马上要到截止日期了吗?
A: No, you can take your time on this project, we have plenty of time to get it done.
不是,做这个项目可以,不用急,慢慢来,我们的时间很充裕。
B: That's great. When is the deadline exactly?
那太好了,确切的期限是什么时候?
A: It isn't due until after the bank holiday next month.
下个月的银行假期之后。
B: So we've got a month and a fortnight to complete it.
那么就是说,我们有一个半月的时间。
A: That's right. Here's a copy of the project proposal we've worked out for you.
对,这是我们给你做好的项目计划提案的副本。
B: It seems very thorough.
这个看起来很周密。
A: It should be. We've spent the last few months working on the details of the proposal which will be finalized in a meeting this afternoon. I know it's short notice, but we need you to be there.
应该这样,我们花了好几个月的时间研究提案的细节,打算今天下午开会最后定稿。我知道现在通知你时间有点紧,不过我们希望你能够按时出席。
B: What time does the meeting start?
这个会几点开?
A: It stars at 3:15 and it should last no more than two hours.
3:15开始,不会超过两个小时。
B: Where is it going to be held?
在哪儿开?
A: In the boardroom. Make sure you read through the proposal and come prepared to discuss it in detail. Today will be a busy day for you, but from next week on, you should be in less of a rush.
会议室。你一定要通读这个计划书,到时候准备好参与细节问题的讨论。今天你也许会有点忙,但是下周开始你就可以慢慢来了。
B: Don't worry. I can handle it. Is that all?
别担心,我能应付得来,就这些吗?
A: Yes, remember don't be late to the meeting.
是的,记得,开会不要迟到。
B: I won't. See you at 3:15!
我不会的。3点15见!

分享到
重点单词
  • handlen. 柄,把手 v. 买卖,处理,操作,驾驭
  • proposaln. 求婚,提议,建议
  • thoroughadj. 彻底的,完全的,详尽的,精心的
  • fantasticadj. 极好的,难以置信的,奇异的,幻想的