跟艾米莉一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第575期:和不同身份的人打招呼
日期:2019-05-16 08:00

(单词翻译:单击)

有什么可以为您效劳?
What can I do for you today?
How may I help you?
May I help you?
Can I be of any help?
Can I be at your service?

您是做什么工作的?
What do you do?
What do you do for a living?

A: Hey! Gina. How are things?
嘿,吉娜,最近如何?
B: Great. Mr Jones. What can I do for you today?
我很好,琼斯先生,有什么需要为您效劳的吗?
A: I'm preparing for my first meet-and-greet tomorrow morning. Can you give me any advice?
我正在准备明天早上第一次的见面会,你可以给我什么建议吗?
B: Sure. First, as a famous writer, it's important that you greet people properly. If you're speaking to a businessman, I suggest saying, "Good morning, I'm Brendon Jones. How do you do?"
当然可以,首先身为一位著名的作家,以正确的方式跟大家问候是很重要的。假设您在和一位商业人士说话,我建议您说:“早上好,我是布兰登琼斯,你好吗?”
A: And what do I say to a teenager?
那我该怎么跟年轻人说话呢?
B: keep it casual. Something like: "Morning, what's happening?"
保持随性一点,说像“早上好,有什么新鲜事吗“之类的话。
A: Shouldn't I say: "what's up?"
我该说“嘿,怎么了吗?”
B: No! Definitely not, that's too casual. Only teenage friends would say that.
不,万万不可。那样又太随意了,只有年轻朋友之间才会这样说。
A: And what about someone I have met before? Should I say: "I haven't seen you in years?"
那如果遇到旧时呢,我该说“我好几年没有见到你了“吗?
B: It's better to say: "what a pleasant surprise seeing you here".
说“在这里遇见你,真是个令人愉快的惊喜”比较好。

分享到