跟艾米莉一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第733期:表示惊讶
日期:2020-08-11 09:11

(单词翻译:单击)

I can hardly believe my ears.

我简直不敢相信自己的耳朵。


What a surprise!

How surprising!

真令人惊讶。


Fancy that! She remembered my name after all those years.

真想不到!这么多年后她依然记得我的名字。


I'm really surprised at the news.

对于这个相信我真的很惊讶。

be surprised at..

对...感到惊讶


We are all amazed at her beauty.

我们都被她的美丽震惊。

be amazed at...

对..感到震惊


It's unbelievable.

太难以置信。


You've got to be kidding.

你一定是开玩笑吧。


I was astonished at what he had said.

对于他说的话我感到很惊讶。

be astonished at...

对...感到惊讶



A: Hey, Maggie. Do you know who just got married?

嗨,麦琪,你知道刚刚谁结婚了吗?


B: Who?

谁?


A: Old John.

老约翰。


B: It can't be. Are you serious?

不会吧?你是认真的吗?


A: Of course. I just saw him at the hotel in a black tuxedo. He is really handsome.

当然了,我刚刚在酒店看到他了,穿着黑色的燕尾服,真的很帅。


B: Wow, I can hardly believe my ears. He is in his sixties. Who is his lovely bride?

哇,我简直不能相信自己的耳朵,他都60多岁了,谁是他可爱的新娘?


A: He met the woman at church events, and he said he fell in love with her at first sight and was impressed by her beautiful dance.They all went to church very often and as time went by, the woman was moved by old John.

他是参加教堂活动时认识那个女人的,他说他对她一见钟情,被她美丽的舞姿所折服。他们都经常去教堂,时间长了,那个女人就被老约翰打动了。


B: You don't say.

真的吗?


A: It's true. The woman is 72 years old, and this is her fourth marriage.

是真的,那个女人都已经72岁了,而且这是她第四次结婚。


B: Unbelievable. How do you know this?

难以置信,你怎么知道这些的?


A: I asked him when I met him at the hotel. His wife is quite a woman. Guess what, she has nearly 30 grandchildren.

我在酒店遇到他的时候问他了,他的妻子是一个不一般的女人,你猜怎么着?她有将近30个孙子孙女。


A: Amazing.

难以置信。


B: I also saw that woman at the hotel, she was really elegant and beautiful. She gave me the feeling of being very knowledgeable and charming.

我在酒店还看到那个女人了,她真的很优雅,也很漂亮。她给我的感觉就是非常有见识和有魅力。


A: I look forward to seeing her.

我期待能见到她。

分享到