网络社交英语口语 Unit46:我不知道我们俩适不适合
日期:2007-08-22 00:06

(单词翻译:单击)

网络社交英语口语 Unit46:我不知道我们俩适不适合

SCENE① A 柔丝家

Rose: Sue. I never said I didn't like Herbert...It's just that...

柔丝: 苏,我从没说我不喜欢赫伯特……只是……

Sue: See! I knew it! You were moved by his e-mail music.

苏: 看吧!我就知道!你被他的电子邮件音乐感动了。

Rose: I don't know if we're 1) compatible or not.

柔丝: 我不知道我们俩适不适合。

Sue: Let music bring the two of you together.

苏: 就让音乐把你们俩拉在一起。

Rose: We've already seen that that doesn't work.

柔丝: 我们已经发现那是行不通的。

Sue: Well, maybe you should act like 2) normal people.

苏: 嗯,也许你应该采取一般人的做法。

语言详解

A: Why did you break up with Don?

你跟唐怎么分手的?

B: We weren't compatible.

我们合不来。

That doesn't work. 这是行不通的】

当别人给你建议,但你知道那依然无法扭转情势的时候,你就可以说这句话。

A: The baby won't fall asleep!

宝宝就是不肯睡觉!

B: Try singing to him. If that doesn't work, read him a story.

试试唱歌给他听,要是没有用的话,就说故事给他听。

另外这句话也可以用在机械或电器等用品故障的时候。

A: Let's watch TV!

我们来看电视!

B: Sorry. That TV doesn't work. Youl have to watch the one in the living room.

抱歉。那台电视坏掉了。你得去看客厅那台。

1) compatible (a.) 相容的

2) normal (a.) 正常的

分享到
重点单词
  • suevt. 控告,起诉 vi. 请求,追求,起诉
  • compatibleadj. 能共处的,可并立的,适合的,兼容的 n. 兼容
  • scenen. 场,景,情景