(单词翻译:单击)
柔丝: 它是我的梦想之一。
Herbert: I’m sure you would 1) be good at it.
赫伯特: 我敢说你会做得很好。
Rose: I'm so busy...
柔丝: 我现在好忙……
Herbert: And you can't find the time?
赫伯特: 你觉得抽不出时间?
Rose: You understand, don't you?
柔丝: 你可以体会的,不是吗?
Herbert: If it's your dream, you'll make the time, 2) one day. I'll be one of your 3) fans...
赫伯特: 假如这是你的梦想,你总会抽出时间的。我会是你的乐迷……
Rose: Thank you, Herbert.
柔丝: 真是谢谢你,赫伯特。
语言详解
A: That basketball player just hit a fan.
那个篮球员刚才打了一个球迷。
B: He'll probably have to pay a 10,000NT penalty for that.
他八成得因此付出一万元罚金。
【be good at...熟练……,胜任】
be good at...是指“熟练…… ”之意。例如:Just when you get really good at something, you don't need to do it any more.(当你真正熟练一件事情的时候,偏偏以后都不必再做了),碰到这种情形,只好拿出阿Q精神自我安慰啰。
A: Why aren't you two friends anymore?
你们俩为什么不再是朋友了?
B: He's too good at lying through his teeth.
他老爱睁着眼睛说瞎话。
1) be good at... 擅长于……
2) one day 早晚,总有一天
3) fan (n.) (乐)迷,忠实爱好者