网络社交英语口语 Unit38:你真会小题大做
日期:2007-08-21 23:54

(单词翻译:单击)

网络社交英语口语 Unit38:你真会小题大做

Rose: (1) embarrassed) Tell you more about what?

柔丝: (不好意思)要再跟你说什么?

Sue: About Herbert! You said he was boring.

苏: 赫伯特啊!你说过他很无趣的。

Rose: Yes, that's what I thought before.

柔丝: 是啊,我以前是这么觉得。

Sue: So, are you saying you 2) kind of like him?

苏: 所以你是说,你现在有点喜欢他罗?

Rose: You 3) blow everything out of proportion.

柔丝: 你真会小题大做。

Sue: So why is he 4) all of a sudden not so boring?

苏: 那他为什么突然不无趣了?

Rose: We have a lot 5) in common.

柔丝: 我们有许多共通点。

Sue: Since when?

苏: 从哪时候开始有共通点了?

语言详解

A: Would you ever consider marrying me?

你有没有可能考虑跟我结婚?

B: No. We have absolutely nothing in common.

没有。我们完全没有共通点。

to blow something out of proportion 言过其实,小题大做】

out of proportion大到不成比例blow的意思,在美语中有吹牛的意思。

A: I can't believe you ignored me like that!

我不敢相信你会这样躲避我!

B: I couldn't take your call. Don't blow it out of proportion.

我只是没办法接你的电话。别夸大其词了。

A: She said I was cute. She thinks I'm too short and childlike!

她说我很可爱。她是认为我太矮而且太孩子气!

B: You blew her comment out of proportion.

你把她的说法讲得太夸张了。

1) embarrassed (a.) 感到尴尬的

2) kind of 有一点,有几分

3) blow... out of proportion (v.) 夸大其词。proportion 比例

4) all of a sudden 突然间

5) in common 共同

分享到
重点单词
  • proportionn. 比例,均衡,部份,(复)体积,规模 vt. 使成比
  • embarrassedadj. 尴尬的,局促不安的,拮据的
  • boringadj. 令人厌烦的
  • commentn. 注释,评论; 闲话 v. 注释,评论
  • suevt. 控告,起诉 vi. 请求,追求,起诉
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地