网络社交英语口语 Unit17:我在冒冷汗
日期:2007-08-15 00:21

(单词翻译:单击)

网络社交英语口语 Unit17:我在冒冷汗

Don: Herb, why are you still sitting here?

唐: 赫伯特,你怎么还坐在这边?

Herbert: I'm too 1) nervous. Look! 2) I'm in a cold sweat!

赫伯特: 我太紧张了。你看!我在冒冷汗。

Don: It's OK to be nervous. It's only 3) natural!

唐: 紧张没有关系。这是正常的。

Herbert: You'd be nervous, too.

赫伯特: 换做是你也会紧张?

Don: Me, nervous? Never. But most people would be.

唐: 我,紧张?从来不会。但大多数人都会。

Herbert: I just don't want 4) to make a fool of myself.

赫伯特: 我不想让自己看起来像个傻子。

Don: Think of something fast, Herb. She might leave soon.

唐: 快想办法啊,赫伯特。她可能快走了。


语言详解

A: It's your turn! Spin the wheel!

该你了!快转轮!

B: Gambling always makes me so nervous!

赌博总是让我紧张兮兮!

It's OK to be... (发生什么事)没关系】

It's only natural. 这是很自然的反应。

You'll do fine. 你会没事的。

以上是经常用来劝别人放轻松的三句话,当你看到有人要去做一件事,却又不敢时,就可以用这些话鼓舞他。

1) nervous (a.) 焦虑的,紧张的

2) to be in a cold sweat 冒冷汗

3) natural (a.) 自然的

4) to make a fool of myself 让自己显得愚蠢

分享到
重点单词
  • sweatn. 汗,汗水 v. (使)出汗 n. (凝结在物
  • wheeln. 轮子,车轮,方向盘,周期,旋转 vi. 旋转,转动
  • spinv. (使)旋转,疾驰,纺织,结网,眩晕 n. 纺织,旋