网络社交英语口语 Unit11:我交到一个新的网络之友了
日期:2007-08-15 00:02

(单词翻译:单击)

网络社交英语口语 Unit11:我交到一个新的网络之友了

Herbert: I have a new Internet friend!

赫伯特: 我交到一个新的网络之友了!

Don: You mean the guy who thinks you're 1) Ms. Right?

唐: 你是说那个把你当作梦中女郎的家伙?

Herbert: Yeah! We're meeting on Friday night!

赫伯特: 对!我们星期五晚上要碰面。

Don: You're what? 2) Have you lost it?

唐: 什么?你疯啦!

Herbert: I 3) gave up on looking for a girlfriend. Now I’m making friends!

赫伯特: 我不找女朋友了。现在我只要交朋友!

语言详解

A: I lost my wallet.

我的皮夹掉了。

B: Retrace your steps, and you'll probably find it.

循原路找回去,八成就能找到了。

gave up on... 放弃……】

give up on放弃,投降之意,give up on someone/something是代表对某人或某事很失望,不想再花任何的心思或精力在上面,也就是觉得……没指望了的意思。

Don't you give up on me? 是个很常用的说法,比如说你无法意会老师教了你半天的东西,你就可以面带诚恳地跟老师说Don't give up on me, please. 让老师感受到你的诚意,不要这么快放弃你。

A: Mark is your friend. You shouldn't give up on him so easily.

马克是你的朋友。你不应该这么轻易地放弃他。

B: I guess you're right.

我想你是对的。

A: I thought you were studying Japanese.

我以为你在学日语。

B: I gave up on it. It's too hard.

我已放弃日语了,太难了。

1) Ms./Mr. Right 对味的终生伴侣,真命公主 / 天子。

2) Have you lost it? 你疯啦?

3) give up on 放弃……

分享到