(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
Why is there is a long gap in your employment history?
为何你的工作经历中有一段很长的空白期?
Between my first and second jobs,I decided to take a year off to travel around the world.
在第一份和第二份工作之间,我决定休息一年,到世界各地走走。
I backpacked from Asia to Africa and to Latin America,visiting more than 60 countries.
从亚洲到非洲,再到拉丁美洲,我走过60多个国家。
It was a great experience,probably a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
那是一次很棒的经历,也许是一生仅有一次的美好经历。
I met so many interesting people from all over the world and made some great friends.
我遇见许多来自世界各地的有趣的人,也结交了一些好朋友。
I'm still in touch with some of them after three years.
如今已过了三年,我仍然与其中几位保持联系。
Intercultural communication skills are among those I acquired during the trip and helped termendously in my current job.
不同文化之间的沟通技巧是我旅行中的一项收获,对于现在的工作很有帮助。
I am sure that it will help me with this new position as well.
我相信对这个新职位也会有所助益。
答疑解惑
可以回答因为长期旅行,留学,育儿或是参加志愿活动等,不管用什么理由,最后都要向面试官强调因为这些经历,自己积累了宝贵的经验,或是掌握了应聘职位所要求的技能。
面试必备
Can you explain the long gaps in your employment history?
能否说明一下,为何在你的工作经历中有长期的空白期?
What have you been doing since your last job?
辞掉之前的工作后,你在做什么?
Why have you been out of work for so long?
你为什么这么长时间不工作?