剑桥雅思4真题听力 第45期:Test4 (section1-1)
日期:2014-04-12 10:10

(单词翻译:单击)

Hi Tony, thanks ever so much for coming.
你好,托尼。非常感谢你能来。
You know we've been asked to organise something for John's farewell?
人们想让我们准备约翰的欢送会?
Yeah, sure, it's about time we started working out details.
当然,我们是时候该解决细节问题了。
Exactly. We don't want to leave it so late that it's double the work.
没错,我们不想拖太久,最后增加工作量。
Mmm, mm, right, do you want me to take notes? That'd be great, thanks.
好的,你想让我记笔记吗?这样太好了,谢谢。
Right, first thing is, when is the best time to hold it?
好的,首先是举行的最佳时间是什么?
Well, he leaves on the twenty-fourth of December.
他在12月24日离开。
So what about the twenty-second?
那么22日怎么样?
Yeah, I think that's about right. We want it quite near the time, don't we?
好的,我觉得很合适。我们要在他快走的时候举行,不是吗?
Sure, and what about a venue? In college? A hotel?
对。场地呢?在大学还是酒店举行?
I think a hotel will probably work out rather expensive, and I've been looking at the College Dining Room; Chat seems pretty reasonable?
我认为酒店可能太贵了,学校的餐厅比较合适,价钱好像很合理。好的,为什么不呢?
Fine, yeah, why not? And then we ought to be thinking about invitations ... who mustn't we forget to invite?
之后我们应该想想邀请函的事了,谁是我们必须不能忘记请的?
Well, obviously John and his wife. Right.
显然是约翰和他的妻子。没错。
And the Director. Ah ha. The office staff. Yep, and all the teachers and all the students.
还有主任,办公室员工。是的,还有所有的老师和学生?
Anyone else? Faculty Heads? No, better draw the line, I don't think it's necessary.
还有吗?系里的领导?不,最好就到这里了,我觉得没必要。
Yeah, you're right. I don't mind writing the invitations. When shall we get them out for?
是的,你是对的。我不介意写邀请,我们什么时候发出去?
Enough time but not too early. What about the fifteenth of December?
时间很充足,不要太早了。12月15日怎么样?
Well, there are exams on the sixteenth - better avoid them. Tenth? Yeah, that should do it.
16日有考试,最好错过它们。10号?好的,就这天了。

分享到
重点单词
  • directorn. 董事,经理,主管,指导者,导演
  • farewelladj. 告别的 int. 再会,别了 n. 告别
  • reasonableadj. 合理的,适度的,通情达理的
  • avoidvt. 避免,逃避